Chapter 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Goodbye Stefan." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck as I metaphorically jumped onto his body. He held me tightly as my feet lifted from the ground. "Be safe." I whispered as I kissed his cheek softly; the reminder of his scruff that prickled my skin.

Stefan released me from his grip, stepping into the yellow cab that would separate us for many miles. It quickly drove off and I walked back inside feeling saddened. I haven't gotten to see Stefan in a while, and now he was gone-.

I headed upstairs with a sulk to my features as I sensed Haylies presence and how her heart was racing from just feet away. I walked into her room to see her stuffing clothing items into a bag; a panicked manner.

"Where are you going?" I questioned, a furrow of my brows to show my confusion.

"You didn't hear?" She looked me up and down. I shook my head in reply. "Niklaus, Hope and I are leaving-, somewhere far." She sighed.

My eyes pursed with irritation as I stormed out of the room. "Niklaus!" I shouted. I looked everywhere, but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Freya?" I asked as I walked into her room.

"Yes." She smiled turning around. "Why is Niklaus leaving, and where is he?" I frowned.

"Vampires are coming. As old as time. They're going to kill Niklaus if he doesn't leave. I've spelled this house so any witch to trace him will think he's here." She nodded. I sighed once again as I waited in the corridor downstairs. I didn't know why everyone was leaving. Maybe I should too, maybe I should just go back to Mystic Falls for awhile, but what would Elijah do without me. He needs me, and he needs Lukah.

"Isabella?" I sudden voice filled the silence of the foyer; a dark voice. I got up and walked outside to Niklaus waiting. I smiled as I ran over and hugged him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I knew you would cry and then make me cry." He nodded pulling away.

"I'm not going to cry." I glared at him. He raised his eyes brows looking down at me.

"Stop it." I playfully hit him in the chest. He laughed as he turned around to put his bags in the car.

"Can I visit?" I asked.

"Of course, in a couple months, I don't want anyone following you." He smiled. I nodded as a tear ran down my cheek.

I wasn't suppose to cry!

He chuckled, stepping aside from the car to wipe my tears before pulling me into another hug.

"You ready Klaus?" Haylie asked as she opened her door.

"I love you Isabella. Take care of my brother for me. Make sure he doesn't die before I get back." He teased. I chuckled as he kissed my cheek and walked around the car. The door slammed and the car drove off. I sighed as I turned around. I quickly hit a chest and looked up to Elijah. He had no face expression, he just held his arms out. I nodded gently, wrapping my arms around him. If it ever came down to saving Niklaus or Elijah, I don't know what I would do. I mean Elijah is my babies daddy, I would be livid if he ever died, but Niklaus is someone who is damaged, and I can't stand to be away from him.

They're mine as I am theirs and nothing will change that, not even miles of distance.

•••

"What's going on?" I frowned as I walked into the bar. I got a call just an hour after Niklaus left to meet here. It was empty, Davina on one side, a man on another, and Vincent on the left. The man turned around and my eyes widened.