Chapter 12

CHAPTER TWELVE || The Heretics
2 months Later;

"I'm leaving Elijah-." I sighed, my voice hesitant. "I should be with my friends, they need me right now. I'll be back soon. I love you." I smiled.

Elijah had appeared just in front of me, his arms resting around my torso as he lifted me into his grip. I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you too Isabella. Be safe." He smiled kissing my cheek before gently putting me down. I walked over giving Haylie and Hope a hug, then Rebekah. As I walked out I looked up at the Balcony where Niklaus would of been. He never came back.

I broke him.

I got in the car, rolling the window down as I gave Elijah one last kiss before leaving. I didn't know how long I would be gone, but I felt something was wrong, I had a dream last night that made me terrified-.

---

As I passed the 'Mystic Falls' sign I saw a figure in the road which made me slam on the brakes. I jerked forward as my heart almost flew out of my chest. I unbuckled my belt and flew the door open.

"What the hell." I shouted as I looked over to a blonde haired, blue eyed British man standing in the road. "Niklaus?" I frowned.

I tried to resist myself from jumping into his arms. I walked over slowly looking into his eyes carefully.

"What are you doing?" I asked. His eyes slowly examined my body before resting back on my pupils as a tear ran down his cheekbone to fall just off his jaw.

"I've missed you-." He sighed, his brows furrowing.

"I know Niklaus." I smiled gently placing my hand on his cheek. "Just promise me you'll go back to New Orleans. Your brother; your daughter, they need you. I need you." I sighed trying to hold back my tears.

He nodded gently, grabbing my waist as he pulled me into his arms. I returned the favor, bringing my arms around his back as I hugged him tightly. My eyes closed before I began to remember the day I met Niklaus Mikaelson.

"Niklaus, Finn, Cole, Rebekah, this is Isabella." Elijah said, his hand clenched onto Isabella's.

"Nice to meet you love." Niklaus smiled kissing her cheek softly.

Isabella had let go of Elijah's hand as she smiled sheepishly.

"I shall show you the rounds." He grinned using his enhanced speed after grabbing her hand tight in his own.

"What are you doing in Mystic Falls?" Niklaus asked pulling away.

"There are things happening, I thought I would be able to help."

"Alright love. I hope to see you soon." He smirked bowing down to me. I chuckled as he disappeared. I got back into the car and began driving. I never thought that I would see him again. I'm just glad he's over everything, I'll definitely have to check on them in a couple weeks to make sure Elijah and Niklaus haven't ripped each others heads off.

As I entered the town everything was boarded up, there was trash everywhere, and not a soul in sight, just like my dream. I frowned as I heard police sirens just behind me.

I wasn't speeding? My license plate is up to date. What could it be?

"Ma'am this town has been evacuated." A blonde boy spoke walking up to the window. "Oh Isabella." He smiled.

"Hi Matt." I smirked. "What's going on?"

"Lily brought back her family from the prison world. They have been trying to eat the entire town so Stefan thought it would be best to get everyone out of here." He sighed.