Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN || New Dimensions

"I found a nice bottle of Wine." I smile, walking into the living room as Elijah stood just near the fireplace, his arm resting on the mantle as he stared at the flames below him.

"I'm sorry Isabella, but I can tell when I'm being handled with care, -love." Elijah says with stern.

I sigh, putting my hands on my hips. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Patronized." He says turning his body towards my way, looking at Hope on the ground. "I'm here to protect you and hope." He frowns.

"I know you mean too, Elijah."

"And yet you thought it was necessary to drag me here unconscious." He glares at me.

"Well you weren't yourself, and I had to get us out of that diner." I frown. "What happened back there?" I ask.

"I don't know." He sighs sitting down in front of Hope. "Niklaus sent me here to protect hope, and that's what I'm going to do."

I heard knocking at the door as I quickly walked over to see Rebekah standing in the grass. I ran down the stairs and into her arms as she whispered in my ear.

"Hello beautiful."

Elijah walked out carrying hope as Rebekah's eyes popped from her head.

"Oh my, let me see my little niece." She smiled, gently grabbing hope.

A car rolled up as Hayley and Niklaus got out in a hurry. Hayley began to cry as she ran to Rebekah to grab her daughter. Niklaus walked over softly wrapping one of his arms around my shoulder as he squeezed gently.

"Niklaus! Come take a picture with us, I want to remember this; to remember our family and our new addition." Rebekah hopefully said.

Klaus took the camera from her grip to take a picture of the family.

He smiled at the Polaroid until his smile dropped almost instantly. "We can't keep it." Niklaus says giving it to Rebekah.

She frowns.

"We can't let this ever get out, you know that."

•••

His footsteps neared as his very presence entered the foyer room. "Can we talk?" Elijah questioned, his back arched with posture per usual.

I nodded gently.

"Are you doing okay?" He asked.

My eyes averted to the ground before looking back to his with a simple nod in reply. I couldn't handle talking to him knowing what I did. What I did in Mystic Falls. I know I shouldn't feel all that guilty for messing with Damon but Elijah was my love and I betrayed that love.

"I should tell you something." I hesitated, my eyes wandering away from his as I couldn't look at him without wanting to cry.

He stepped closer as the tip of his shoes touched the tip of my toes; the distance was enough for me to feel his breathing on my forehead. It made my heart race like none other-.

"When I was in Mystic Falls, I was with Damon."

"Okay?" He responded with confusion.

I hesitantly replied, "I mean I was with... Damon." I looked away, using the word with, with caution.

He stared deeper into my eyes as silence filled the room. He didn't speak for another five minutes. It seemed like he was infatuated with my presence even though I felt souly guilty and I knew for a fact he had to be feeling terrible as well.