Chapter 18: Case Solved

Christian Storm POV

As I awoke from I don't know what from I turned around onto my back. A pain in my side formed as I stretched I held it and groaned. What the hell happened? Where am I? I looked around but I was in complete darkness. I tried to remember what had happened before but I couldn't. I sat up and became very woozy and my head throbbed like a mother... Damn I must have really hit my head. Think Chris, think. Flashes of being at the station and in a cave came back to me. So I'm in a cave, that explains the darkness and the reason I'm cold. Ryker's face came into my mind. My eyes slammed open, Ryker? Where's Ryker? I got up as quickly as I could, which honestly wasn't to fast. My head was spinning, 'Ryker!' I waited for a response. It didn't come. Usually he answers right away, what's going on? I was becoming really pissed off right now. I took a step forward holding my hands out trying to find the wall. I stopped and searched my body for a flashlight and found one on my belt. I clicked it on and it illuminated a small distance, damn this cave is really dark.

I turned around to look at where I was an saw a bit of blood, where my head laid. I quickly brought my hand to the back of my head and felt moisture. I placed it in front of the light and saw red on my fingers and palm. Shit, not good. 'Ryker!' I waited, but still no response. Damn it Ryker where are you!

My breathing was starting to quicken, I was getting really scared, he always answers. I would yell out loud but I don't wanna chance it in case something bad is in here. Just then a flash went through my head of Ryker being tossed aside. My eyes widened at the memory, oh please let him be ok. If something were wrong I would feel it right. Breath Chris...just breath. I took deep breaths and closed my eyes clearing all negative thoughts from my head. I opened my eyes and began to walk forward only to be tripped a couples steps into my journey. I fell to the floor, "Fuck." I turned around to see what I tripped on and saw a body laying face first on the ground. I saw short red hair. I scurried over to the body as quickly as I could and flipped it over. Chief Montell, just as I thought, "Chief. Can you hear me?" He moaned and I shook him again, "Chief!"

He shot up like as if in a hurry and looked around, "What, what the hell happened?" I slowly stood up and became very dizzy, my head was spinning and I tried to steady myself. The chief obviously saw me struggling and came to my aid.

"What's wrong with you?"

My hand shot to my head from the pain standing up caused, "I have a concision, plus I'm bleeding from the back oh my head."

"You need to feed, and soon."

I knew where he was going and I wasn't going to do that, not to my boss. I shook my head, "No, I'll be fine." I changed the subject, "Do you remember what happened?"

He glared at me then closed his eyes, "I'm not sure." He squeezed the bridge of his nose and sighed, "Umm I remember a lion and everyone was being attacked I think."

A lion. I closed my eyes and focused and another flash ran through my head. This time it was of Ryker again but I saw what tossed him. The lion swiped it's paw and sent Ryker flying. "The lion attacked Ryker first, I remember him flying across the cave and running to get him but then," I couldn't remember, "I don't know, things go black from there."

"You can't focus because I the concision you need to feed Storm."

"No what I need is to find Ryker."

"What good are you to him, of your dead."

That stopped me in my tracks, he was right and I hated it. I threw my hands in the air, "What am I going to feed on, you."

"Yes."

"I can't feed on you, you're my boss Chief."

He sighed, "Yes I know that, but it doesn't matter." He stepped closer to me, "Do it."