Chapter 2: Dante Finn

Edited...

Hey so here's the second chapter and yea I updated it in the same day. Enjoy!

~Tanesha~

Dante Finn POV

As I stepped outside the cool air hit my face, it did feel nice since I did really like the cold, fall was a great time of year for me. The sun was shinning and I could hear tons if birds chirping, but luckily I have learned to block them out-- at least most of them. I looked around glanced at the cars and whined a large tree and a couple bushes and saw people walking by in a rush like always. I inhaled and took in the smell of pine and freshly cut grass just a few yards from the steps. I walked down the gray cement steps looking down the whole time; I sat down at the bottom one and put my head in my hands. My thoughts went straight to the woman I mean damn I don't want to have to be in charge of this woman when I already have to keep my eye on Chris. Well I don't have to as much as I did when he first started, but when cases get physical I still worry, it's just a part if my status. I shook my head knowing that he was very capo ale of taking care of himself but I have come to think of him as family and when it comes to me it is my job to watch over those I love.

I really do need to start teaching him some more self defense and offense moves, like I do with my 4 pack members. Thank god they can take care of themselves for the most part since this job takes up most of my time.

I honestly can't believe she is a human I mean why would a human want anything to do with us? In my past experiences with full blooded humans they hated me and tried to kill me, granted that was over 200 years ago, but still. I have always kept my distance from them up until I became a Police officer then Detective, but even then I didn't want to really be around them and I didn't trust them, at all. But then I found my pack, they were just a bunch of young men not knowing where to go or what to do with their lives. When I found them I was on duty and thy had already robbed a couple gas stations to keep from starving. At the time I was a rookie cop not yet a detective. I was a part if the case where they were found guilty of robbing a bank. I knew they were wolves but the others didn't so I took it upon myself to track them down, I sniffed them out as they were running through the woods trying to get away from the cops, and since I was an Alpha I took it upon myself to help them by actually turning them into the police. They of course hated to at first but I knew that it would be better for them. I made a deal with them, I wanted them to join me since I was already a kind of rogue myself, except I really did feel lonely without other people around and I knew that the needed a leader, one who could guide them in the right direction so that what I promised them an the accepted, well one of them did an the other followed suit.

I knew handing them in was what was best for them because they needed to do the time for the crimes they committed. They needed to know the consistencies for their actions even if they were justified crimes. I visited them made sure to make some planes to renovate a new home for all of us before they got out and luckily I'd had a ton of money saved up from all of my jobs since I didn't ever use it. Then they came out I had a big 3 story 6 bedroom brick home ready for them. I mDe t a point to also have new jobs ready for them to start so they could start earning money instead of stealing it. I wanted to make sure what job would suit them best, so through the year they were locked up I visited them and got to know them. I came to respect each of them separately and equally just as they came to respect me. As time passed they helped me to understand that not all humans are bad but just misunderstood and scared of what they don't know. And I have come to realize that they are right, humans do fear the unknown, and as a Detective it was my job to make sure that they never found out about the real things going on in the world around them.

Thinking about my boys made me feel a bit better, so I got up from the step dusted my behind off and went back inside to see Chris heading to his desk. A smell of sex hit my nose and it emanated off of Chris. I smiled at him as he looked up at me ashamed.