Chapter 12: The New Case

Dante Finn POV

As I walk through the door in the next morning I see Chris at his desk smiling. I didn't get the chance to talk to Ryker in the morning because he had headed off to class early in the morning. I really need to ask him how class is going. I walked over to Chris and instantly smelled Ryker on him, I nodded knowing why he was all smiles today. I sat down at my desk, "So, I see that your talk with Ryker went well last night." He nodded. I smiled, "I'm glad, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you but it was between the two of you."

He nodded, "Ya I understand, and I'm just happy that he finally told me, although I still don't like the fact that he kept it a secret for so long. He should have trusted me to not hurt him."

I nodded, trust was something that Chris was big on. He needed to be able to trust people and when that trust is tampered with so is the relationship that he has with the person. Luckily we have never had a trust issue so far, and I honestly don't think that we ever will. "I know, but he was scared, and the feelings were very new to him."

Chris nodded, "Ya and he was a ladies man, I know. It's just that Ryker and I have always had this strange connection; I could tell him anything and everything.

"That hasn't changed now has it?"

"No, of course not. Now let's get off the subject of me and Ryker and onto the subject of you and Jasmine." He looked in my direction, "How did your night go?"

I scoffed, "Well not as exciting as yours I'm sure."

He laughed, "Well I'm sure you didn't, but did you tell her?" I looked away from him because I was ashamed of the fact that I was too chicken to tell her that she was my mate. "You didn't did you?" I shook my head. "Why?" I shrugged my shoulders; I really wasn't in the mood to talk about it. Chris sighed, "Look I know from experience that it is not a good thing to wait to tell her because I really hated the fact that Ryker didn't tell me when he found out."

I sighed, "I know Chris, ok, I really do. But this is not the same thing, you are not a human."

"That shouldn't matter."

I know it shouldn't but..."

"But nothing, Dante I understand that you were beaten down by humans throughout your life, especially in the 1800s but this is 2013,m and humans are not as bad as they were then."

I didn't say anything because I knew he was right, humans weren't actually that bad, they are really fragile creatures when you think about it; which makes the fact that my mate is not a wolf all the more worse. 'We can change her,' I heard my wolf say. I rolled my eyes, yea that's if she accepts me. I got up from my seat and was about to go outside for a breather when I smelled the most delicious scent ever. I groaned, it's her, she's here. Last night wasn't too bad of a night, but that's because she got called away for an arrest downtown to arrest a man for public intoxication and so she left and I was alone. But that wasn't going to be the case today, because Chris was here and he would most definitely include her into our discussions most likely to get me to cave in and tell her, but his pestering wasn't going to work. When I tell Jasmine about her being my mate, I will do it on my own time not when someone else forces me to do it, no one is in control of me or my actions! I took a deep breath, although both Chris and Ryker are right about me needing to tell her soon because if I don't things will get more complicated. 'Tell her.' Ohh shut up!

Chris got up from his seat to greet Jasmine, I scoffed, always the gentleman, "Hello Jasmine, how has your morning been going so far?"

She looked from Chris to me and smiled, "It's been great so far," she looked back at Chris, "how has yours been?"