Chapter 6: The Mermaid and My Brother

Christian Storm POV

As Madison walked in I knew Will would be nervous but what I didn't expect was for Madison to freak out. Out of nowhere she points her finger at Will and starts chanting, but before she could finish I placed my hand over her mouth muffling her words. She pushed me away, "What the hell do you think your doing Detective!?"

"I think I'm trying to spare this man from your wrath."

"Why? he deserves to be cursed for what he did to me, or at least tried to do!"

Will took a step forward, "But I didn't try to hurt you."

She walked up to him and grabbed his shirt with her right hand, "Don't you dare try to lie your way out if this."

Will just stood there and let her yell at him. I stepped up to the both if them and placed my hand in Madison's arm and she instantly let go and looked at me. "Madison please listen to what he has to say and after you hear him, then you can judge." She looked into my eyes and just stared, I knew I had her. "Madison please sit down here," I said motioning to to the seat to my right. She nodded and sat down glaring at Will. I took a seat on the table next to her, I needed to stay next to her in case she went and tried to attack him again. "Will tell her what you told me."

Will looked from her to me and back at her, "Ok."

Dante Finn's POV

I stood against the white wall in the interrogation room just staring at Paul Mann. He was so smug and it made me want to punch that look off his face, and I just might. We continued our staring contest until he spoke, "So are you gonna say anything Detective?"

"Ya, I will," I pushed away from the wall and took a step towards the table, "Why did you kidnap Madison Lunts, and then attempt to murder her?"

The bastard laughed right after I said that, "Is that it's name? You really should stay away from that thing, it's evil."

I grew angry. Humans, they think they know everything, that reality is the only reality and that their beliefs are the only beliefs. I wanted so badly to just jump over this table and rip his throat out. I forced my growl down, "That thing has a name, and it is Madison. Now I will ask you one more time..."

Before I could get the rest of the sentence out he interrupted me, "Or what, what are you gonna do? I watch enough cop shows to know that you can't do anything to me; you can't touch me and if you do I will sue you and this whole police force."

This time I laughed, "You honestly think," I crept closer to him, "that I can't touch you?" I reached his chair, "You don't know me, you don't know what I am capable of, and you don't know what kind of police station I am apart of." I placed my hand onto his chair and grabbed a hold of his shirt and pulled him up out of his chair, "And since you know none of what I just said," my other hand grabbed his shirt and I pulled him up to my eye level, meaning his feet were off the ground, "I really wouldn't test me." I growled making him whimper. "Now as I was saying, before you so rudely interrupted me. Why did you kidnap and attempt to murder Madison Lunts?" He didn't answer, and then I remembered I was still holding him in the air so I dropped him; he landed on the floor with a thud. I took a seat on the table waiting for him to get up and back into his chair, and when he did he didn't look at me when he spoke.

"I..I was s..searching for som..someone in the w..water."

What the hell was he stuttering about? "What are you talking about."

He looked at me this time, but only for two seconds and told his tale.

A year ago, my brother and I were in the Pacific Ocean on his ship fishing. It was a nice beautiful clear day, not a cloud in sight and just a slight breeze that made little waves, helping us catch more fish. About minutes into our fishing my brother yelled out, "Paul, look there."