Chapter 10: Don't Follow In My Footsteps

Hey guys so this is not a Dante Finn or Christian Storm POV as you can tell, but it does have them in it so I hope you enjoy. P.S. It is awesome that I almost have 700 reads, keep reading my story everyone

~Tanesha~

Ryker Malone POV

"Rye your off for the day," my boss told me as he passed by me and into his trailer.

Even though I do rather enjoy not having to work all day everyday it surprised me and this meant that I would be short in cash and I really couldn't afford that. I wasn't like the others in the pack, I wanted to make obey and to pay for my own things and not have to need to have Dante take care of me for the rest of my life and if that means working longer hours than I will do it. I walked into my bosses office, "Mr. Louis I know that you gave me the rest of the day off but I really would like to keep working."

he looked up from his papers, "Why?"

I shrugged and decided to tell him the truth, people liked that right? "I need the money sir."

He smiled, "I like a man that tells the truth. Ok look I can give you a couple more hours but that's it, otherwise it crosses into hard labor and I could into trouble."

I nodded, "Thank you sir." I walked out if the office and back to the construction site. Working always helped to keep my mind off of my problems, like Colton. He wouldn't leave my side for a whole week, always looking aver his and my shoulder on the look out for more vampires, but none so far have showed up. Thankfully Dante and Colton had a chat telling him to stop being so over protective and to give me some space because I needed it. I love my brother and all but I would rather not spend 24/7 with him.

My mind drifted off to Chris. I sighed sadly, in should have told him a long time ago. I was too chicken though, god I wish I could tell him now, but that's not possible because he has that Will guy. Just thinking about Chris with that Will guy is making my blood boil and not in the good way. I need to talk to him I should really tell him, but what if he rejects me? I don't think I could handle that. Ehh stop being such a wimp Ryker! Man up! What if I do tell him and he takes it well bad we become mates, I would jump his bones if he told me he would be my mate. Ahh the sex would be great, hell just the last time we were together was great, although we didn't have sex, but we almost did. I think he stopped because he was afraid if what I would think or do if he kept going. I would never hurt him, not intentionally, I would always be there to protect him that's why I was training to become a police officer, so I could keep a closer eye on him. I know that Dante already watches over him because that is his best friend but he doesn't know that Chris is my mate. I don't want to tell him till I at least tell Chris, although Colton does know because he is my brother and he knows all there is to know about me.

Finally when I got off of work I drove home and went straight to my room to relax alone. My phone buzzed on the table beside my bed. I rolled over onto my side to see who it was and I immediately perked up when I saw Chris's name. I smiled, "Chris?"

"Ya, hey Rye."

"What's up?"

"Doing nothing at home, hey I wanted to talk to you."

"Ok, talk."

I heard him sigh, "Ok look, I really shouldn't tell you this but I need to. I was talking to Dante earlier today and he had told me that he found his mate."

My eyes grew wide, a Luna for the pack. Wow this is a moor surprise, a good one, but why didn't he say anything to anyone? I laughed at that statement because I had done the same. "Wow that's really great, he didn't tell me though, or anyone for that matter."