Chapter 1: Christian Storm

Edited...

As I walked into the building I was greeted by smiles from every female I saw and only nods by the males, unless they were gay. My life had always been this way the men either ignored me or tried to act tough around me, and the women swarmed around me. Ahh the life of an Incubus. I actually feel like the women actually started to dress more slutty then usual. Sometimes I actually wished I weren't an Incubus because I never liked using women the way I have to. I was never a hit it and quit it type of guy, but what can I do when I can't find a woman who can actually handle the type of species I am. There weren't actually too many of my kind out in the world now-a-days, I actually only knew of one other and that was my Succubus mother; she taught me everything I know about who I am and how to control my urges, which didn't take too long because I am a quick study.

I walked through the halls of my department saying hi to the people I generally talked to, I finally entered the big blue room where I and tons of others worked. I walked up to my desk as quietly as possible. I saw my partner Dante who was already at his computer; he looked up at me as I entered the room. He smiled at me and I smiled back, damn I hate his wolf hearing; I could never sneak up on him no matter how hard I tried. I really should just give up, "Hey man, when did you get here?"

He looked away from me and to his right, putting his hand on his chin giving the illusion of having to think about the answer, "I got here at about 6:00, 6:30."

"Damn man," I looked at my watch to see what time it was, "I'm here at 8:00 and I dread it."

He laughed and shrugged, "I'm a morning man what can I say; I like to take my runs in the morning so that I can calm down my wolf."

"Yeah I know," I said sitting down at my desk. I turned my computer on then leaned back in my chair looking toward the Chief's office while waiting for my computer to turn on. "Did you get here before the Chief?"

He shook his head, looking away from his computer screen and looked toward the Chief's office, "He was already here when I got here." He looked toward his computer again and started typing, "He probably got here at around 5:30."

I nodded, "He's been showing up real early for the past week or two."

Dante nodded and looked toward the Chief's office again, "Yeah, I wonder why."

I nodded and looked toward Chief Montell's office once more. This man was the one who gave me this job, and I actually was the first person that he highered when he got the position as Chief of police. He had seemed unsure about hiring me at first but then I guess he decided to take a chance on me, and I had never taken that for granted. I did understand why he wasn't sure because I'm an Incubus. It's not like Incubi have many special talents, besides getting people to do what they want and being stronger than the humans; we could also give life and take it, but those weren't real good detective skills, and it took skilled Incubi to do it and my mother had taught me the skill.

Luckily I was partnered up with Dante, who is a werewolf if you hadn't figured that out already, and he is an Alpha to add on. Now his pack not consists of him and threw other wolves, but you've gotta start out small and work you're way up right. Of course because of him being an Alpha he was one of the strongest, fastest, smartest, and most skilled wolves and creatures that there were. We actually accommodated each other pretty well; he is more sneaky, muscled, and tends to work more with the men. Whereas I generally tended to work more with the woman, now if need be I could make both sexes do what I want when I want so it was easier for me to get the truth out of them but generally women gave up the details of certain things easier. Sometimes when the cases were easier we would go against each other seeing who could get the person to confess to whatever they had done, and usually I was the one to win. Although there were a couple of times that Dante had won because of either his good looks, which he did have; especially because he is a black man with green eyes; it could also be his threatening Alpha voice and stance. "So...anything happen before I got here?"