Chapter 39.

*Sorry if this is crappy

Chapter 39.

“Ready?” He asked me.

I nodded excitedly and his hands pulled back from my face.

The second his hands left my face, my mouth automatically turned into a huge smile. The house looks empty and there were a lot of boxes near the door. When you enter the house, the first thing you see is the living room and the furniture in the living room is still covered in plastic.

I walked forward and turned to the left of the living room to see sliding door made out of glass. From where I stood, I could see that it’s the kitchen because there’s an island table in the middle with around 5 seats around it. There’s also a small dining table on the edge of the kitchen. I walked closer to the glass door and slid it to the side. Most of the things here are also still covered in plastic, except the sink and the refrigerator. The kitchen doesn’t look too small, nor too big, so the size is like an average kitchen. So far, the living room and kitchen looks totally empty.

After looking around the kitchen, I walked back and walked to the right side of the living room. There’s a black piano standing there and it’s also covered in plastic.

I used to play the piano, but stopped when I was 10. There really isn’t a reason why.

I walked up the stairs and saw a way to the right and left and then there was a door a few meters in front of the end of the staircase. The door a few meters in front is colored brown and it’s basically a mahogany door. I walked up to the mahogany door and pushed it open. Inside, there was a king bed placed right in the middle of the room and a door in the corner of the room, which I’m guessing is the bathroom. The bed is still covered in plastic as well and the wardrobes are also covered in plastic. Oh, and I see that Harry has put both of our duffle bags in this room, so, I’m guessing that this room is our room. Other than that, this room is pretty much empty, but it’s quite big.

Wait, where is Harry? 

I exited our room and jogged down the stairs. The couches and TV were not covered in plastic anymore, the piano isn’t covered in plastic either. Harry must’ve taken out the plastic. Suddenly, laughter was heard from the kitchen. Being the curious person I am, I walked to the kitchen and slid the door open to find Harry, Blaze and another random guy on separate stools on the island.

Hold on, Blaze? How did he get here?

The 3 guys looked over at me and I shifted uncomfortably. Harry’s face broke into a smile and he gestured with his hand to come to him. I walked awkwardly to Harry while Blaze and the random guy went back to drinking their beer. Harry pulled me between his legs and wrapped his arms around my waist. I stood in front of Harry with Blaze and the other guy looking at me. I squirmed in Harry’s hold, making him wrap his arms tighter around me.

“Hey Violet.” Blaze smiled.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“This is Mike. Mike, this is Violet.” Blaze said.

Mike gave me a small nodded and I smiled at him. The 2 guys in front of me went back to their little chitchat while drinking their half filled bottle of beer.

“Mike here is the guy who bought this house, but didn’t need it. So he gave it to us.” Harry whispered against my ear.

I nodded and felt Harry’s chin rest on my shoulder.

“I want to take you somewhere tomorrow.”

“Hey Harry, we’ll be going now.” Blaze and Mike stood up from their chairs and gave Harry a small nod. Mike gave me a small smile and left. They both walked out of the kitchen and then to the door. I heard the door shut and the house became quiet without the sound of 2 guys chitchatting and the sound of beer bottles being put down. I turned around and my whole body is now facing Harry. We were both really close and I felt his breathe on my face.

“So, what do you want to do now?” He asked me.

“What time is it?”

Harry checked his watch and it shows 2.35pm.

“Want to eat lunch?” He offered me.

“Sure.” I am feeling hungry anyways.

“Let’s go.” I moved to the side to let Harry get off of the chair. When he was already off the chair, I exited the kitchen with Harry following from behind. We both continued to the exit of the house and into the car. Suddenly, a sudden realization about my mother hit me.

She’s gone.

I suddenly frowned and sat back in the car. Even though I wasn’t close to her or whatsoever, she’s still my mother, and deep inside, I do love her. I bit my lip to restrain myself from letting a tear escape my eyes. Violet, you will not cry. I think the saddest thing about this is that, I didn’t even get to say goodbye and that she didn’t get to hear me say ‘I love you’.

“Are you okay?” Harry’s voice rang through my mind.

I looked at him and realized that a tear has escaped my eyes. Crap. I wiped the tear with my palm of my hand and took a deep breath.

“Yeah, I’m alright.”

Harry stopped the car and I could see that we’ve arrived in a restaurant. He looked at my direction, reached for my hands and slightly squeezed it.

“What’s wrong?” He had sympathy in his eyes.

“Nothing.” I muttered.

“Violet, please tell me what’s wrong?” He started rubbing circles on my hand.

“It’s just that– I- I miss her.”

“C’mere.” Harry pulled me in a hug and I wrapped my hands around his neck with my chin resting on his shoulder.

“Thanks Harry.” I slightly laughed

---------------

After our lunch, we both headed home and at home, we basically tidied up everything. We got rid of the plastics that were covering the furniture, we also re-arranged some things. We also put our clothes in our wardrobe in our room, and we have decided on what things we need to complete our house.

I think it’s pretty cool that I can call this house ‘ours’; mine and Harry’s.

The rest of the day was basically spent on arranging the brand new house.

When the clock strikes 10pm, I was already pretty sleepy because of today. Harry and I climbed on the bed and I faced the window. Not a lot of things happened today, but I do know that a lot of good things will be happening in the future because the second I stepped foot in this house, I know that I’ll be starting a brand new life.

_____

A/N:

Sorry if it was boring, but hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. 

I love you guys, stay beautiful. 

P.S. I might be going on a hiatus for a while, but i'll think about it first.