Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

-Violet’s POV-

I woke up to the sound of beer bottle smashing downstairs, it's probably my father. I rolled my eyes and walked to my bathroom and took a quick shower since I had to get ready for school. 

After my shower, I decided to put on my skinny jeans and a thin sweater. I put all my homework and books inside my backpack and sling it over my shoulder. I took one last look in the mirror and opened the my bedroom door. I went down the stairs and passed the kitchen. 

My father is there drinking on the wooden table in the middle of the dining room, and my mother? Well, i'm not really sure where she is. I'll get breakfast on the way since I certainly do not dare to walk into the kitchen and get some food, my father would probably start screaming at me for no reason and he would probably beat me up. I stepped out of the house and started walking to school.

I was in the mood for a sandwich right now, so I stopped in Dunkin’ Donuts and ordered a hot chocolate and a Sausage egg and cheese Sandwich. After I got both of my orders, I exited the shop and I accidentally bumped into someone, literally. Shit. I thankfully didn’t spill my breakfast, I mentally thanked myself and looked up to apologize.

 “Sorry.” I whispered and looked at the guy. Wait, I know him. Curly hair guy!

 “Yeah, it’s cool.” He said with his raspy voice.

 His eyes widened when he looked at me, I furrowed my eyebrows and when he was about to open his mouth to speak, I hurriedly walked to the right side of the street and started walking towards school.

 When I arrived in school, I walked to my locker and entered the code for my locker. I got my books that I needed for my first and second session. I went to my first session and started listening to the boring teacher explaining useless things that I wouldn’t even use in the future.

 -----------

By the time my 6th session ended, it was lunchtime. So far my day was going good and I’ve been avoiding Chase the whole day, I spotted him a few times today, but whenever I did, I always run towards the opposite side and thankfully, he didn’t notice me. Now, I’m on the way to the cafeteria to get some food. Yum.

When I got some food and drinks, I went to an empty table and sat. I ate my food peacefully while playing with my phone. I never really had friends, sure I know people in this school and yeah, we greet with each other, but they never seem to properly talk to me. You know? Like proper friends. 

After eating, I decided to stop by my locker to get my books for the next session. I exited the cafeteria and walked to the right and up the stairs. The hallway is empty since all the students were either outside or in the cafeteria. When I reached my locker, I opened it and got all my books, and put it inside my backpack, I closed my locker and turned around to faced to face with the one and only, Chase.

“Hey, Violet. Where'd you run off yesterday?” Chase said. His friends stood beside him chuckling. 

 “I- uh went home.” I stuttered.

 “Really? Well, nobody runs off from me.”

 Before I could even open my mouth to apologize, his hand quickly came in contact with my face. I brought my hand up to my now stung-cheek.

 “Chase! I- I’m S-Sorry. Please!” I whimpered.

He laughed and repeated what I said in a mocking tone. Oh, that jerk.

He grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled it downwards so I’m facing up towards the ceiling. Chase leaned in to my ear and whispered something I couldn’t quite get, but I did hear the phrase “after school.”