Chapter 45: Romantic Feelings

"So you created your own android body so you could go out and interact with society?" I asked Red, playing with a strand of my hair. "So...you were lonely? You know, you could have just talked to me, or the team, hell even-well, not the league-but Dinah would have been happy to talk with you." I placed a hand on his shoulder. "However, I fully support your decisions as both your protégé and your close friend."

I was in Red's apartment, standing in front of a metal table with an Android body laying on it, compartments open. I ran a hand over the skin, and opened the eyes, studying them.

"Your support is appreciated, but there is an error in your statement." Red said and I furrowed my brow.

"And what is that?" I asked, looking over at Red.

"I believe, if I am correct, that I have come to see you as a...daughter, more then a friend." Red said, and I felt my heart squeeze before I zipped forward and wrapped my arms around Red. It hurt a little, flying into metal, but at the moment: I didn't care.

"Thanks Red." I said, my voice muffled by his chest and I smiled even more as I felt his arms go to my shoulders.

After a long moment, I pulled away and stepped toward the floor hatch which led to a drop, stopping at the main room of the cave.

"I'm gonna head out, maybe do some quick Christmas shopping trip before sun sets. Call me if you need me, okay? The team's shorthanded because Rob went on a secret mission with Conner, Megan, Roy and Artemis so if there are any problems: call me." I said before flying down the hatch and to the cave's floor.

"Lina." I heard and I looked over my shoulder to see Kaldur walking to meet me. "We're you on your way out?"

"Kinda, but I can stay back if you need my help." I said.

"I was just wondering...How's your wrist doing? I noticed you got your cast removed two days ago." He said.

I looked down at my now fully-healed wrist and smiled, spinning it. "It's all better know, thank goodness. I've had to do some pretty serious routines to get it back to tip-top shape."

"That's good to hear." He smiled. "So would you like to...Test it out in combat?"

He smirked as I rose an eyebrow, placing my hands on my hips.

"Are you asking me to sparring?" I asked.

"I believe I am." He said humorously and I smiled before walking to the ring, taking off my sweatshirt and throwing it to the side, staying in my skirt and contoured tank top. When I turned, Kaldur's eyes were slightly averted but I ignored it.

"Little-old me against an Atlantean with enhanced strength and minor invulnerability?" I asked, getting into a defensive stance. "That hardly seems fair." Kaldur chuckled before following me, taking a stance of his own and smirked.

"I assure you." He hummed. "You are no easy feat."

I smiled but stopped when I swung a kick at his head. He put up his arm to swat it away, meeting it with a jab at my side using his full arm which I grabbed and flipped over, surprising him.

"Interesting move." Kaldur complimented.

"Thanks, taught myself." I responded before Kaldur jumped at me, but I dodged and rolled under him, but landed on my left forearm and right hand before propelling my body forward horizontally and kicking at Kaldur's kneecaps, making his knees buckle before I leapt up, straightening myself. He stumbled forward a bit, giving me time to regain my stance and aim another kick at his body, which he was able to deflect with a follow-through-redirection. As I landed again, Kaldur was able to regain his footing.