Prologue

*Two years ago*

The mission wasn't one of supernatural origin. There was no supervillain attacking, or evil aliens invading. It was a simple hurricane.

That stuck the heart of France without any warning.

Thousands of lives were endangered, and that's why the League was sent to save the city. But after 24 hours of no change in the situation, people started to get curious. It was thanks to Batman being, well, Batman that they were able to find the heart of the hurricane...

And it was a teenage girl that had been in a medically endused coma for two months because of a car accident that had taken her mother's life.

Her name was Evangélina Dubois.

14 years of age, regular high school girl. No criminal record, no accident reports, nothing about her was out of the ordinary. But somehow she was causing a level 10 hurricane...while in a coma.

It took a lot of coxing, having to hunt down the girls father, and search down the medication that would wake her up untill they finally got Evangélina to come around. As soon as she awoke, the hurricane ceased.

That just left one problem. What the hell was the league going to do with Evangélina?

"We cannot just leave her here. She could do this again and hurt people." Wonder Woman said.

"Well we can't exactly pick her up and move her to a lab...I don't think the hospital or her father would be okay with that." Green Lantern replied.

"Not to mention Evangélina herself." Superman and Black Canary said in unison.

"She needs to be looked after." Batman said.

"She's not a lab rat Batman." Black Canary said, sounding put off.

"I didn't says she was." The Dark Knight argued back.

"I have a suggestion." Red Tornado spoke up, surprising everybody. Normally the robot simply stayed silent or helped with recovery.

"What is it..?" Flash said awkwardly.

"I take Evangélina on as a protégé." The robot said.

This was completely out of the blue.

"Um...RT...are you really sure that's the best idea? You don't exactly have a lot of experience in the field." Green Arrow asked.

"Perhaps, but it is the most logical path. This way, Evangélina can carry on her own life after learning from a Justice League member on how to control her new abilities while still being supervised. I am also the most logical choice to do this do to our similarities in powers." Red Tornado said, making the rest of the league silent in contemplation.

"He has a point." Superman said.

"But can you really be trusted with the life of a teenage girl? A super powered one at that? Can you really be the mentor she needs? And can she be trusted to be a part of the Justice League's affiliations?" Wonder Woman asked.

"She needs someone to help her right now." Black Canary said. "RT can help her with her abilities, but I can help her with the mentallity components."

"And she seems like a great kid." Flash said as he peered over at the the girl who was currently looking panicked, tears rolling down her cheeks as many people (mostly adults with the odd child) running over to assist her.

"She appears to be loved throughout the community." Wonder Woman noted. "An admirable quality."

"She has no negative points on her record. Other then a couple detentions for tardiness it's actually spotless." Batman said.

"And she wouldn't be the first youth the Justice League has taken in." Green Lantern said, the rest of league sending looks to Green Arrow and Batman.

"Let's put it to a vote." Black Canary said. "All in favour of letting Red Tornado taking on Evangélina Dubois on as a protégé?"

They all rose their hands.

"It's just Lina." A feminine French accent said behind the league. They all turned to see a very worn-looking Evangélina standing there, hunched over and draped in a blanket. "Everyone that isn't French tends to pronounce it wrong so I just decided to abbreviate it."

"Well Lina." Black Canary said, leaning towards her. "What do you say?"

The girl, Lina, looked over at Red Tornado before walking up to him. He towered over her small, thin frame in an almost humourous way. But nothing about the look on the French girl's face was humourous.

"Do you really think you can help me control this thing? Will I never hurt anyone again?" She asked, dead serious.

"I will do my best." Red Tornado said. Lina's lips pulled into a smile.

"Then I accept." She said, reaching her hand forward. After a moment, Red Tornado grasped it and the two shook hands.