Chapter 13: Aftermath

(Thirteenth chapter, fourth episode. Wow I'm slow)

One minor battle later, we found ourselves victorious even if Cobra got away and the factory was set ablaze.

"We picked the right guy to lead." Robin said to Kaldur as we all watched the flames burn the factory. "Automatically making you the right guy to explain this mess to Batman."

And with that, the little troll walked away: laughing.

I looked over to Kaldur and saw him look slightly terrified. I placed a hand on his upper arm and smiled.
***

"A simple recon mission: observe and report. You will all receive a written evaluation detailing your many mistakes." Batman said after chewing all our ears off as we stood in a line like military troops.

"Until then...Good job."

This took us all by surprise.

"No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy." Batman says. "How you adjust to the unforseen is what determines success, and how you choose who leads determines character."

He sent a look to Kaldur and Robin, who smiled at each other. Batman then sent us all a look before walking away.

"Did he just compliment us? On destroying the factory and borderline failing the mission?" I asked.

"I think he did." Wally muttered.

"Wow."