Part 18

This takes place a month after the last part..

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Ava's POV

"Rick?" I ask walking into our cell. "yeah?" he answers looking at his feet. I look around the dark room, it must be around midnight.

"We need to talk.. About something." I say gently. I sit on the bed and pat next to me.

He sits down. "Well first off, Carl needs to spend some father son time with you.. Secondly I uh don't know for sure but-" I'm cut off by screams from cell block D.

"Shit." Rick whispers jumping up and running to the cell block. I rush over to Judith and pick her up. I take out my revolver and sprint to Beth's cell.

"Take care of her." I say. I hand Judith to he and slam the door shut. I make my way over to cell block D.

I open the doors. a walker jumps out I front of me. I shoot him right between the eyes. I shoot down a few more walkers before we start dragging the infected into cells to be executed.

A tear threatens to spill as I watch a mother hold her son covered in blood and a huge hunk of meat torn out of his neck.

I let the tears fall as I walk up to them. "I'm sorry ." I say looking into her eyes. I put the gun to the boys head. I squeeze the trigger.

She bursts out crying. I pull out my knife and help execute the infected. A frown finds its way on my face when I enter one cell. "sandy?" I whisper.

Sandy was about 75 years old and loved life so much. she could find the brighter side to every situation. she was my only friend at Woodbury. Tears fall freely from my eyes.

"It's okay dearie." her soft voice coo's. "I'm sorry sandy.. I'm so sorry." I choke out. "please forgive me.." I say taking her hand in mine. "please do it before I turn." She says closing her eyes. "I'm ready." she whispers.

"If I do this will you tell god to look over us?" she nods with a smile on her face. "of course." she says closing her eyes.

I place the knife near her ear. "I'm sorry!" I yell slamming it into her skull.

"I'm so sorry!" I yell out. I pull the blanket from her bed and put it over her face. "to many good people died today." I said sadly walking out of her cell.

"Why couldn't she have been bitten on the hand so we could've saved her?" I whisper. "why did she have tone bitten in the shoulder?" I ask out loud.

I shuffle to the next cell and then the next, ridding the world of people who should've lived through this apocalypse.

Maybe if the governor would've stayed they would still be alive. I let out a loud yell and through my knife to the ground.

"WHY FUCKING WHY!!' I yell loudly. "IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!" I yell. I sigh and sit on the floor with my knee's pulled to my chest.

Somebody walks up beside me and puts there hand out. "no." I scoff. "Ava please?" Rick asks. I shake my head. I will not let him see me crying.

I give in and grab his hand. he pulls me into a hug. "I love you Ava." he whispers. "I love you too." I whisper.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~