Part 10

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ava's POV

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I set my book down and slide it under my pillow. I stand and reach into Judith's crib and carry her out into the so called"living room". that's what rick likes to call it.

I hand Judith to Beth and walk over to Rick. "I'm heading on a run for some baby supplies okay?"i ask placing my hand on his shoulder.

"No, I can send Glenn and Maggie or Daryl." he says staring into my eyes. "No I need some air. I'll be safe. I pinky promise." I say the last part giggling.

I walk back into our cell and slip on my combat boots . I adjust my necklace that holds Minx's dog tags. I miss him a hell of a lot.

I stroll outside and stop at our "grave yard" I sit down in front of Minx's grave. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Thank you for being there for me, I love you minx. We'll be together soon." I say standing up. I push my tears back and walk over to my motorcycle.

-

I hear a quick pop noise and my tire is burst. I slow down and park. "How the hell did that happen? " I whisper looking at my tire.

A set of arms wrap around my neck and mouth. "Shh don't panic." a voice coo's in my ear. I relax hoping that they won't hurt me.

A rag gets placed over my nose and mouth and I let sleep consume me.

-

I stir slightly. I open my eye a crack and see a woman in a white lab coat beside me. "What the hells going on." I ask sitting up slightly.

The woman walks out of the room. A man walks into the room. He has nice brown hair, he's taller than me , he's decently built and I think he just realized I was checking him out. " I'm glad your awake." he says kindly.

His voice has a southern charm to it. " welcome to wood berry." he says. I sit up more and realize I'm laying on a bed and I'm not wearing Minx's dog tags. " Where the hell are my dog tags!" I screech standing up.

The man reaches into his pocket and hands them to me. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me to yell but they mean the world to me." I say placing the necklace with the tags on it around my neck.

He nods his head observing me. "Are you hungry?" he asks me. "When am I not hungry." I retort.

He smiles and reaches his hand out to me. "I'm the governor. but you can call me brian" he says smiling. I extend my hand and shake his. "Avalon.. Preferably Ava." I say standing.

-

"Thank you for the dinner." I says smiling. then it hits me. Where am I? where's the prison? how long have I been here?

"Sorry to ask but what happened to my group?' I ask looking into his eyes hoping for an answer. "Dead I presume. we found you all alone. Martinez said you would've died if he hadn't found you." he says.

"I don't remember him finding me.. the last thing I remember is my motorcycle tire popping." I say wiping my hands in a napkin.

"Ahh, he said you were laying on the ground next to a bike with slashed tires." he says taking a sip of water.