Part 2

Ava's POV

Rick, Daryl, T dog and Glenn took off 15 minutes ago and I have nothing to do. I get up and walk to where Lori is sitting.

" hey Lori do you think I could take a walk with Carl?" I ask looking at Carl who instantly begs his mom. "yeah I suppose... just be safe okay?"

"Yeah, of course." Carl walks next to me and we sit by the lake. minx runs over and lays In between us.

"you alright carl?" I ask turning towards him. "yeah, I'm just pissed that my dads leaving again." I frown at his choice of words.

"Better not talk around your mother like that." I say chuckling. "don't worry I don't." he answers.

"How old are you Ava?" he asks suddenly.

" I'm 23.... why do you ask?" I say looking at him. "because, I want to get to know you better." I nod.

"Ava?" he asks making me jump a little. " yeah?" "do you think we can be friends? I mean its just that there's not a lot of people here that seem as good hearted as you.." he asks. "of course Carl." I say and hug him.

"let's get back to camp and you can play with minx." I say standing up and offering him my hand. he grabs it and stands.

We start walking back towards the camp. minx walks beside Carl and they sit by the fire. I sit down by Shane. "Whatcha doing?" I ask him. "not a whole lot... Just sharpening my knife." he states staring at me.

"Sounds boring." I say laughing. "hey dale, any signs of them coming back?" Lori asks suddenly.

"Nope." he says popping the 'p'. Amy and Andrea walk up and hand Lori about 11 fish to gut.

---later at night----

I sit down by myself on a log with my fish and rice. everyone is sitting around the fire laughing and telling story's. "This seat taken?" Daryl asks. "nah, you can sit." I say in between shoveling food into my mouth.

I hand Lori my plate and she puts it in the wash bucket. "be right back!" Amy says running into the RV. "ow Ed stop." carol whisper yells from somewhere to my right.

Rick and Shane are telling some cop story while I watch Ed and carol argue. he smacks her and she stumbles. " You Mother Fucker!" I screech before tackling him to the ground.

I start punching the shit out of him when I hear screams come from behind me. "come on Ava!" Daryl yells picking me up and tossing me onto his shoulder.

Gun shots go off and then every thing is quiet. Daryl puts me down and I look up at him. "what was that for?" I ask. "walker was 'bout ta' bite your ass." He States and pulls me into a hug. I can't help but hug back because I feel safe in his arms.

I let go and walk over to carol. "you okay carol?" I say putting my hand on her shoulder. "yeah... thank you ava." she says hugging me.

I walk up to dale. "do you think minx could sleep in the RV with you? he can't exactly sleep in a tiny car with me and Shane." I ask him with minx at my side. "yeah I suppose he can fit." I smirk and hug him " thank you dale. Minx stay with dale." I say pointing at dale. minx walks over to dale and sits there.

I walk over to Andrea. I sit down across from her. she's holding Amy's limp body in her arms.

"I'm sorry andrea.. I lost both of my brothers like this too." I say and stand up. "I'm here if you need to talk." I say and walk over to shane. "I'm tired." I whine.

"Alright let's go to bed then." he says smirking. he starts walking in front of me. I start to jog and then I jump onto his back. "What are you doing?" he says laughing.

"Letting you carry me!' I exclaim cheekily. he sets me down on the passenger seat of the car and he walks over to the drivers.

It's been 2 hours and I can't sleep. I'm shivering uncontrollably. " Shane?" I say quietly. "yeah." he replies. " I'm cold... and I can't sleep." I say sleepily. "come here.' he says grabbing me and pulling me onto his lap.

"Your not very warm" I say pulling away from him. " your freezing." he says rubbing his hands up and down slowly on my back and arms.

"Stop Shane." I say climbing over to my side of the car. "What fucking ever." he mumbles under his breath.

I climb out of his car an grab my bag. i jog over to the fire. "can't sleep?" Daryl asks behind me. I jump slightly. "nah, Shane was being a perv." I say staring at the fire.

"Ya kin stay wit' me in ma' tent." he says holding his hand out to me. "thanks." is all I can manage.

Daryl lays down and rolls over so he isn't facing me. "could you stay like that so I can slip on my pajama's" I ask. He mumbles. "ill take that as a yes." I say giggling.

I slip on my fuzzy bottoms and then my long sleeve top. I lay down next to Daryl. "Yer' cold?" he says feeling my cheek. "a bit." i say shrugging.

He un-zips his and my sleeping bags and connects them. "g'night " he says and turns around again.

--- morning ----

I open my eyes and notice Daryls arm is wrapped around my waist and im pulled against him. I sit up and see everyone's already awake and busy. Daryl grumbles something and moves his arm. I grab my bag and walk over to the RV.

Dale is sitting on top with minx at his side. "how was he last night?" I say opening the RV door. "fine, he was well behaved other than now he won't leave my side." he says laughing. "do you mind if I change in the RV?" "not at all!"

I climb inside and slip my clothes off. put on my undergarments and put on some black skinny jeans and a white shirt. I slip on my combat boots and walk out fixing my pony tail that is all messed up from sleeping.

A/N- hope you enjoyed the extra chapter and that it was a lot longer ! 2 votes and ill update again today! love you all!