Part 8

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Carl's POV

"How much longer?" I groan. "a few more minutes bud." Ava says putting her hand on my head messing my hair up.

We pull into the lot in front of a Walmart. Ava stepped out and got our duffle bags ready. I walk over to the doors and knock to see if there's any walkers.

On the 2 hour drive here Ava taught me how to drive a truck and she let me drive for almost 45 minutes.

"Carl if anything happens I want you to run as fast as you can to the truck and leave, don't look back.. ever." She says handing me a machete.

Ava kicks the door open and we run in. "clear." she whispers. "You go get all the food you can, Yell and run if anything happens. I'm getting clothes and other things for the group. " She says walking down an aisle.

I walk to a shelf that has canned foods. Surprisingly this place hasn't been raided. I fill my bag and find Ava shoving clothes into a bag. She fills it and we walk to the truck.

"Fill your bag a few more times and keep dumping it out into the truck until you can't anymore." she says dropping a pile of clothes in the back.

--

We have spent a good couple hours grabbing everything we could. Ava managed to get a king air mattress for me,her and dad to sleep on.

--

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ava's POV

I turn right and we pull into Hershel's driveway. I drive up to the house. At this point the extended cab truck I have is packed with food in the truck bed along with air mattress for me rick and Carl.

The cab is loaded with minor medical supplies, clothing, bedding. I step out of the truck and Rick in gulfs me in a hug. "I was worried about you guys." he says stroking my hair.

"We're fine." I say simply. Carl walks over to us and joins in on the hug. "I have a surprise for you!" I squeal. "what is it?" he asks looking in the cab of the truck.

I grab his hand and pull him to the bed of the truck. "No way.. you got a air mattress?" he asks picking the box up. "yeah we can take everything out tomorrow." I say.

"What are Shane and Daryl doing in that shed?" I ask pointing towards them.

"we had went into town to get Hershel and this kid got left by his group of 30 men.. And the walkers from the barn were let out and we shot them all... we found Sophia in the barn."

---

Rick, Shane and Carl have been missing and the farms getting over run and the barns on fire.

I shove Lorie out of my way And run to the barn. "Jump!" Rick yells to carl. they jump onto the RV jimmy drove to save them. Walkers were pouring in.

"C'mon Carl, Rick!" I scream as they climb down. Rick grabs mine and Carl's hands and we run. "Get in the truck and drive ill get out I need to help Hershel!" I yell.

I run over to Hershel and take out a walker that almost took a bite out of him. "Lets get out of here!" I holler over the growls and groans. he shakes his head. "My farm." he says with grim eyes. "There's nothing we can do." I tell him.

I grab his hand and put him in a vehicle. "Ahhhh." "Carol!" I run and take out walkers surrounding Carol. I push her towards Daryl. "Go!" I scream.

Daryl drives off. I look around and realize I'm the only one left. everyone is gone. There's no vehicles left. "Shit." I whisper. I take off running into the barn. I saddle up a horse and ride out.