Part 16

Ava's POV

The people of Woodbury start getting off the bus and entering the prison.

Rick takes my hands and intertwines our fingers. we walk into the prison. A chorus of cheers erupt as we walk in.

Carl comes running up to us. "mom!" he yells wrapping his arms around me. I let go of ricks hand and return Carl's hug.

"I love you Carl." I say in tears. "I love you too mom." he says letting me go.

Various people from our group come up to me to welcome me back home.

-

The people of Woodbury have settled in nicely. I walk outside to where lunch is being served. Carol is flirting with Daryl but he turns her down, completely not interested.

I smile at her shocked face when he walks away. Little does she know that Daryl completely despises her most of the time.

I take a seat at the only empty table. I look at everyone who's eating and smile. We've become such a community.

I stand up and head towards the pig pen. I open the gate and enter. The piglets come running. I smile at how cute they are.

I pick up the runt, which happens to be my favorite. I hold her carefully and pet her head softly.

I look at the mother pig, which Carl's named Violet and notice she isn't moving.

"Poor dear." I whisper squatting down to pet her back softly.