Part 3

A/N- 36 reads!!! :D

Ava's POV

"The CDC is a long shot rick! they were probably the first ones to die." shane yells in ricks face. "Yeah well Fort Bennet is already over run dip shit, the military were over run in the very beginning." i say shoving shane out of ricks face.

He mumbles something under his breath and walks away. "thanks Ava." rick says putting a hand on my shoulder. alright lets pack up!" rick tells everyone.

"Were not going." morales tells rick. I havent had the pleasure of meeting him and his family but he seemed like a nice man.

everyone says their goodbyes and i just stand there staring. "ready ta go?" daryl asks placing his hand on my arm.

"Oh. yeah lets go." i say turning towards him. i walk over to Dale and minx and put a leash on Minx.

"thanks for watching him dale." i say hugging him."oh its nothing, he's a great companion." I smile at that.

"if you want dale you can have him ride with you guys til we get to the CDC." he smiles and nods. i hand him the leash and he brings minx inside the RV.

I jog over to Daryl and put his bag and mine in the cab. "Can i talk to you?" Daryl asks walking around the truck. "yeah.." I ask more than say. he motions me to walk over to where he's standing. "you dont hav' ta' ride with me, ya can ride with shane or dale if ya like."

He says searching my eyes for something. " I know.. But i want to ride with you." i say quietly and turn away. "Your the only person here who isn't either sketched out by me or over friendly."

"JIMS BEEN BIT!" Jacqui yells.

Daryl and I run over to where everyones crowding jim. "Show us the bite." Daryl scoffs. "im fine i swear!" jim pleads. "I say put a pick axe in his head!" Daryl yells picking up a pick axe and lines up his swing. Rick puts a gun up to his head.

"we dont kill the living." he says in a superior tone. "funny comin' from a guy who's holdin' a gun ta ma head." daryl spits looking at rick.

I walk up to rick and daryl and stand between them so that ricks gun is pointing at me.

"quit being stupid and put a bullet through his head. he's infected rick! just like amy. Just like everyone else who's died. You cant keep him alive, he'll turn and try to eat us!" i say in his face making him back down.

"What if the CDC has a cure?" rick spits back at me regaining his composure. "Thats IF! And if they do it doesn't mean they'll share it with jim! and he might already turn by then! I've seen people turn within 15 minutes Rick."

I say and walk away. Daryl runs after me. "thank ya." he says rubbing the back of his neck as we walk to his truck. "its nothing." i say subtly checking him out for the first time.

"I never noticed how beautiful your eyes are." i whisper still staring. "what was tha?" he asks. "nothing" i say and climb in the passenger side of his truck.

Dale walks over to my side of the truck and opens the door handing me Minx's leash. "your gonna need him more than me." he says smiling and walks away. Minx jumps into the truck and sits in the middle of the seat.

Daryl sits down and starts the truck. We follow behind the rest of the group.