Chapter 25-Caleb?

"Newt, why can't I go with you?" I asked, putting my hand on his forearm. He cocked his head to the side.

"You know why. It's a keepers meeting, and you're not a keeper." He said, smiling a bit.

"Yeah, I know, but I'm the one that knows all the information about Tyler, remember? He only told me." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Newt shook his head.

"Yeah, and you told me. I can let everyone know what happened, and you don't have to do anything." He said, trying to make it seem like I was actually lucky with the situation I'm in. I raised an eyebrow.

"Um, but I want to do something. Tyler needs to pay for what he did, doesn't he?" I said. Newt licked his lips and nodded, looking around the glade for a second before his eyes settled on me again.

"Yeah, and he will. I promise, alright?" He rubbed his thumb in circles on my arm and I nodded.

"Fine...but what will I do in the meantime? You're not just gonna leave me here to die of boredom in the gardens, are you?" I asked, batting my eyes. Newt shook his head.

"No, of course not. You've got Paul don't you?" He said, smirking just the slightest bit. I scrunched up my nose. Paul was a nice guy, he was shorter, with shaved blonde hair and green eyes, but he just didn't stop talking. He would talk about the dirt under our shoes for hours, no joke.

"Sorry, but some people, like me, aren't amused by his stories about potatoes." I rolled my eyes and Newt smiled.

"Alright, that's a valid point." He paused to run a hand through his hair. "I would say to stick near Zart, but he's keeper of us track-hoes, so he'll be at the meeting too." He looked over his shoulder to the other boys that were gardening. I threw my hands in the air.

"That's another reason that I should go with you! There won't be anyone here to protect me from Tyler, will there?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Newt shook his head.

"We already talked about this. He's in the pit. The second Alby heard he had the vial he threw him in the slammer. You'll be fine." He took a step forward, putting his hands in mine. I frowned.

"But I don't want to stay here. I want to help. We never found out what Tyler did with the vial, and I want to figure it out, and be with you guys while you talk about it." I said, cocking my head to the side. Newt rolled his eyes. He leaned against the Maze wall that we had been gardening by.

"Alright, Emmy, I've tried being nice, but you leave me no choice. I'm going to the meeting, and you're staying here. If you really want to object, I'll have no choice but to tickle you." He said, his mouth tilting up into a small grin. I gasped.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me," newt said, smirking. I folded my arms over my stomach, hiding my sides, which are my most ticklish spot. He knows I hate being tickled, which means he loves to do it. The jokes on him though, when he tickles me, he makes this cute face, and I love when he does. I stuck my tongue out at Newt, and his mouth dropped open, but his eyes were still smiling. He shook his head smirking.

"All right then." He said, jumping forward and grabbing my hands, pulling them away from my sides. He spun me around so I was against the maze wall, and pinned my arms over my head with one hand. He started tickling my side with the other hand. I squealed, instinctively trying to squirm away from him.

"stop it!" I giggled, laughing. He laughed back, his eyes squinting up.

"Not a chance," he laughed. I giggled more, and he kept tickling. I was laughing so much that tears were streaming down my cheeks now, but I was honestly really glad just to be with Newt. He shook his head and pulled his hand away from my side, letting it drop to my waist.