Chapter 40

Saryia

I can only look on helplessly as Hatspehut fights with Mor. Her body violently shakes, black blood spills form her lips, and I can do nothing for her but watch. I can only hear whispers of the conversation, but it only seems like Mor is showing her bad things, and its looking like Mor is winning.

"Hatspehut please, come back to me." I reach out to touch her shoulder, but a hand stops mine.

"I really wouldn't do that. Mor will use your memories against her. Here, I can help you hear. Your not going to like what you see." Mercy touches her index finger to my forehead. Then I can see into Haty's mind right now. Mor is showing her the time when I first took her into my bed. Watching myself makes me cringe, but I can see Hatspehut cowering in a corner with Mor growing taller.

"Hatspehut!" I yell to her and run over there. Haty tries to get to me, but Mor back hands her back into the corner. Mor swats me away from Hatspehut, and fully out of her mind. I am blasted back and I crawl back to Hatspehut. She is shaking hard, and I can feel her trying to reach out to me. 

"Hatspehut, you have to listen to me now. Remember what I told you about love. It sets us all free, love can save you now. That's the one thing Mor never had, and she knows that. She is trying to make you only remember your hate and anger so she can make you think that you are alike." Haty's body starts to shake harder, but it seems like she is fighting more. She is fighting back, and Mor is starting to loose power.

"Sweetheart, baby, my love, my world, you are not like Mor in anyway. You are so much more. You are kind, brave, caring, compassionate, loving, and above all you are so loved. You are so loved, Hatspehut Hawthorne. Your brothers love you, you sister in laws love you, your pack both old and new love you, your people love you, Jamie loves you, Belle loves you, and I-I love you so much. Please Haty come home with all of us. Let's go home." I can hear Mor screaming in agony. Hatspehut gasps sharply.

"You are one sad old lady Mor. I feel sorry for you cause you've never known love. I have everything I need here, and I... will not... let you take it away from me.... Now leave my... family alone!" A gleaming red beam of light bolts down on Haty. I can hear Mor screaming, then ever so slowly Mor's form begins to come out of Haty's body. The blood red diamond around Hatspehut's neck breaks and falls to the ground.

Soon as Mor is completely out she beings to slowly deteriorate. She wails and curses at Hatspehut and myself then in an instant the beam is gone back into the moon from which it came. Hatspehut lays still for a moment then comes back. Haty quickly sits up and pants for air as she wipes away the black blood from her mouth. She looks around and sees Aria's body and Mercy standing next to it. Then her eyes dart to me. All I can do is smile at her like an idiot.

"Saryia, you saved me." I pull her into my arms embracing her fully. Its like a dark cloud has been lifted from over her, from over the both of us. Mercy comes over to us and kneels.

"The sun will be rising in an hour. You did good tonight Haty." Mercy pats her back gently.

"She did more than good tonight." An unfamiliar voice said. A bright light shines from the moon itself. Out of the light comes a woman dressed in white, a long white cloak flows down her elegant body, her black hair swirls in beautiful curls over her shoulders. This woman is too beautiful, that only means one thing.

"Moon Goddess." Hatspehut mumbles and bows to her like wolves would bow to her in her wolf form. I bow my head along with Mercy.

"You have done the entire world a great service my dear Hatspehut." The woman holds her hand out and the amulet floats from the ground into her hand.