Chapter 14

Hatspehut

"Momma, Mommy!" My little Belle sqeals in delight. Her little legs hurl her towards us as we exit the limo. She runs right into my arms, it makes me forget the dark cloud over my head for a moment. I pick up my golden haired pup and spin her around. My wolf howls with joy finally being reunited with her pup. Saryia catches us in her arms holding us tightly. Belle and I giggle along with Saryia. Our little family is back together at last. I look over at my brothers embracing their wives and children.

Jamie stares blankly at someone, following the blazing trail of her gaze I come to Marie. Jamie looks like she is looking at a ghost, and like a zombie, its kinda weird. Marie runs up to Jamie tossing herself into Jamie's arms. She stumbles back for a moment, but embraces her anyway.

"I was so worried. I thought they would kill you." Marie says against Jamie's bare shoulder. Jamie rubs her back comfortingly.

"They beat me up and slapped me, but they didn't have the nerve to kill me." They stare at eachother for a while. Marie's cheeks begin to turn light pink. She drops her green eyes from Jamie's face. 

"Um, I'll get your bags." Slowly she leaves Jamie to take our bags to our rooms.

"Momma! How was London? Did you bring me something? Did you take pictures?" Belle goes on with her many questions. I'm too distracted with this upcoming war. My home, family, pack, everything that I have known for the past four years is in danger. To me all of it is worth more than any throne. If we are going to win this war, we will need to get all supplies, medical care, and army together now.

"Way ahead of you baby girl." Saryia whispers in my ear. She turns to Apollo who is being attacked by his boys.

"Apollo, when your done call the vampire elders. Tell them what happened and to send their armies to Fort Crescent." Odin grows then gets in front of Apollo.

"I can do it. I am Alpha, he isn't apart of this pack anymore." Rayne and Dylan's eyes widen. Apollo growls louder then puts his sons down.

"Yeah I quit the pack, but I intend to take the Alpha spot by force." Apollo snarls at Odin. His eyes get darker as his eyes turn pitch black. Odin puts Kelly down, she runs behind Dylan. He turns back to Apollo and his eyes turn dark too. The growling between my brothers escalades, I quickly step in the middle of them and let my wolf speak.

"I'm sick of this! Here is the deal, neither of you are Alphas at the moment! I am taking control over the pack, and you two will stay away from eachother unless it is necessary!" Apollo grumbles but bows his head in submission to his empress. Odin does the same then picks up his quaking daughter, takes Dylan's hand, and leaves for his room. Apollo goes over to the phone and starts to make calls to the elders.

"Excuse me, but if you wanted some food I had the chefs make you some." Marie comes down the steps locking eyes with Jamie. Once again her cheeks turn pink. Jamie smirks confidently and lets out a small sigh.

"Thank you Marie." Jamie softly coos to her. I look again into Jamie's eyes and see something very weird in them. I see yearning, desire, and traces of lust. Why didn't she ever have these feelings for Marie until now. Looking over at Marie, I think I finally see what Jamie sees, Mercy. If you look close enough you could see a bit of an resemblance between them. Marie looked nothing like Mercy when I first got here, but now I can see it. Mostly in her eyes, she has that look, but I know she couldn't be another Mercy.

"That would be such a nightmare." Saryia's voice echoes in my head. I look over at her and nod in agreement. Marie walks down another step but trips. Before she could hit the marble floor Jamie catches her and takes her up by her waist. They now stand chest to chest face to face. Marie puts her hands over Jamie's and removes her hands from her waist.