Chapter 37

Hatspehut

What's worse, the battle itself or the silence before it? I think its the silence, it gives you time to think about what is going to happen. As the sun sets the plain ahead of me gets dark, readying for the blood moon to make her accent into the sky. The air is getting cold with the breath of spring blowing softly in the great trees on the sides of the fort. The wind blows my dark brown hair gently. This entire struggle comes down to this night, and the results will echo through eternity. I'm just not sure if everything will go well like we have been saying for six months.

"Haty." I turn around at the sweet sound of Saryia's voice. Belle holds her hand and in the other she holds something else.

"Hey babe, hello my little ray of sunshine." Belle smiles brightly then comes over to hug me. I kneel to allow her to wrap her little arms around my neck.

"Good luck tonight Momma. I made you a bracelet." She opens her little hand, a little purple bracelet sits in her palm. The grin on my face grows wider and I take it from her.

"Thank you so much honey. I will wear it tonight for good luck." Belle smiles and puts the bracelet over my wrist protectors.

"Clair said you would meet her tonight. She siad you might be surprised when you see her. And she siad you will know what to do when its time to get the bad thing out your necklace." I stare down at the blood red amulet hanging from my neck and run my finger over it. I smile and pick Belle up.

"I'm looking forward to seeing Clair, I've got some choice words for her." I say trying not to growl. This Clair de Lune will have to awnser to me instead of her master tonight. Saryia takes my hand and we make our way down to the underground bunker where all the people that aren't able to fight will be. Saryia has reassured me that this will be safe for Belle and everyone else. Many other people follow behind us as we make our way down.

"Stay close!" Saryia syas looking behind her to the rest of the people, "Its easy to get lost in here." She grips onto my hand tighter feeling my nervousness. This is really happening and I still can't process it. It always seemed like this night would be so far away. The night sky blackens even more preparing itself for the blood moon. It is nearly pitch black, Belle clings on to me and starts to shake. I can feel her fear, my wolf whimpers for her pup and I place a light kiss on Belle's little cheek.

"It's going to be okay Belle, you'll be in light soon." The large doors to the maze opens, the grey hall is dark only lit by the tourches that are on the wall. In the darkness the voices of those that are already in the bunker can be heard. Soilders surround us and lead us down to the bunker. Saryia was right, this is one crazy maze. All the halls look alike and there are different smells comming from each, you couldn't even smell the people in the bunker.

"I have all these scents put down here to throw off anyone that was looking for the bunker. Extra saftey, all of these smells would mess up any wolf's nose." Saryia proclaims proudly as we come to another door that opens when Saryia punches in a code. The voices at the end of this seemingly endless tunnel become louder, almost deafening. A light flashes on us and then I get my first look at this huge underground bunker. Little children run around, Sonya and David run up to us and I hug them after I let Belle go. The people behind us come in as well.

"Wow, you were right, this is impressive." Saryia smirks and kisses my cheek. I look around at all the people in here, some are the soldiers saying goodbye to their children and wives and husbands. Jamie is in here comforting Marie.

"Must you go?" Marie whimpers against Jamie's armor. Jamie sooths her fiancé's red hair resting her forehead on Marie's shoulder.

"Yes my dear. I have to, I will try to come back to you."