I Keep My Promises

I walked at least two blocks with tears streaming down my face. There was a gang of guys at the street corner. Is that Jay?! Can’t be Jay! He glanced an evil smile at me as I ran into a near by alley. “Dude, I’ma talk to you later I got some… business to handle.” I heard him say to somebody.

“The hoes?”

“Yeah. Something like that…” I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. I held my breath and hid behide a dumpster. “Bri I know you out here, come on out…” I covered my mouth and a tear fell gently from my eye. He grabbed my arm, pulled me and pinned me up against the wall. “I told you I was gonna find you. I’m the real deal.” He got really close to my face. “I’m not fucking playing with you! Now get on that street corner and make my damn money!” I kicked him in the nuts and ran towards the bus. I heard footsteps behide me I was outta breath and tired but I kept running. When I got to the bus I bang on it hard. Prince opened it and I can tell he was concerned. “Prince help Jay is-” I felt Jay’s hand over my mouth. I mumbled Prince’s name over and over but he stayed frozen. Is he just gonna let me get kidnapped?! Then he ran up to Jay and punched him. I ran to the bus. Prince hit him in the throat and neck which caused Jay to stop breathing. He passed out on the ground. Lifeless. He ran up to where I was sitting on the bus steps, overwhelmed and crying. He pulled me on his lap and craddled me in his arms.

“Shh… I got you baby girl. I would never let anyone hurt you. I keep my promises.

- – - – - -

Prince was sitting on the couch with blood dripping from the top on his eyebrow. I cleaned it and and put I band-aid on it. “Prince why did you help me. After all I did you still kept your promise why?”

“I love you… nothing could change that. Ever.” He hugged me and kissed my forehead. “You will forever be my baby girl. Don’t you know that? I promised you my heart and alot of things and as long as you stay one hundred with me we’ll be together forever.” I smiled.

“Hold on…” I ran to the back room and put on my promise ring and my necklace he gave me. I sat on his lap and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Aye!!! That club was hype!” Ray and everybody else ran into the bus yelling. “What happened here?”

“Long story… but what happened to her?” I saw Kaylah walking sideways tryna say on her feet.

“What happens in the club…” Prod started.

“Say in the club!” Everyone else yelled. Prod pick Kaylah up over his shoulder.

“Put me down… no wait let’s go to the back I got something to show you.”

“Aye! Prod bout to get it in!” Ray yelled.

“You know it!” Prodigy ran to the back with Kaylah over his shoulder.