Chapter 16 - Back To Our Runaway Island

Finally, we were back home.

By home, I mean the summer course.

I wasn't sad about it, we didn't really do anything with my parents. The whole time Gerard and I were in my room, doing exactly the same thing we do here. Boring, you see? Speaking of Gerard, we did tell them. They pretended to be surprised, even though they knew. My mom took a lot of pictures, it was weird. I was embarrassed, my parents are so annoying sometimes. I'm glad that it's just Gerard and I know, you could only take a little bit of my parents. They were that annoying. The only thing I wasn't looking forward to, was actually going to my courses.

Why?

Gerard wasn't in any of them.

He's the only person that I've actually talked to this whole time. The good thing is that everyone will probably be doing their own stuff, and won't talk to anyone too. I've always been with Gerard this whole week, not being with him is weird. Him being there just calms me somehow. Weird, I know. I guess I can work on the painting I'm planning to give him. The one with the birds. I'm going to give it to him at the end of summer; a thank you gift. A thanks for being my friend, a thanks for the memories. I don't know if we'll ever keep in touch, and that worries me. I try not to think about it, the future. But it's hard.

We were both in our rooms. We came back an hour ago. We both went into our rooms to unpack. I kinda hoped that he would have came and done it with me though. It was weird being alone in my room, it got too quiet; the ringing was gone though, so that was good. I finished unpacking, it didn't take long. I look at the time, it's 5:46 pm. I decide to take a shower, nothing else to do.

I don't take long,

but Gerard was in my room when I came out.

"Hey, I got ordered some dinner." He says, smiling.

I look, and on my bed are 2 boxes of pizza.

I smile back.

"Hell yes!" And I jump on the bed.

I purposely jump at him, and when we both collide; we laugh.

"Ow!"

I stick my tongue at him, and he grabs my pillow and hits me in the face.

In a matter of seconds, we were both beating each other up with pillows.

That lasted for an hour or so, we had to stop because we got too loud; the people next door had to come tell us to shut up.

It was really funny.

"Hey! The pizza!" I suddenly remember.

"Oh my god, I forgot too. It's probably cold by now." Gerard says.

"I'll go get it, you go see if there are any movies on." I say, as I start walking to my room.

When I walk back to the living room, Gerard was on the couch; on the screen was Peter Pan. I smile, never thought a guy like him would watch this kind of movie. I walk to the couch, and hand the the pizza to him as I sit down.

"Peter Pan?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I love this movie."

I nod slowly, that was unexpected.

"Did you know I played Peter Pan in the school play?"

I imagine Gerard dressed up in tights, and start laughing. Too funny.

He frowns, and turns to watch the movie. The whole time he kept on throwing the crusts of the pizza at me, I would glare each time; and he would celebrate.By the end of the movie, we end up on each other and our stomachs full of cold pizza. The end credits finished, and soon the channel was playing another movie.