Chapter 3 - The First Night

He took about two hours to finish packing up.

It's not that I was waiting for him, I was just really bored. When he left the kitchen I first made myself a sandwhich. The whole fridge was packed with food thanks to the camp.  I ate alone in my quiet room, as I didn't play any music . I didn't want to bother him. I ate my ham sandwhich in silence, I stared at my walls; they were filled with band posters, and my artwork. I was pretty insecure about my artwork, as they meant a lot to me. I drew and painted when I was alone. It was therapy to me, and it still is. I loved how it made me take my mind of things. I would find myself crying on my artworks sometimes, but they gave me something to do and I guess thats what I needed since I didn't have any friends.

After I finished my sandwhich I took a shower. I took a very long shower. I was surronded with the noise of the water hitting my skin, and the warmness of the air. The bathroom was big, it was too big. It made me feel so small. It made me feel insignificant, and again made me think of all the highschool memories.

I can't get them out of my head, I kept in them in too long, I never had anyone to talk to them about. Not even my parents, I needed some kind of release. I couldn't let go, and I needed to let go. Because the memories don't matter anymore, what matters are the memories ahead of me. The ones that I have to make count.

I got out of the shower after that, it gave me a quick slap in the face. I blow dried my hair and changed into my pj's. A big Marvel sweatshirts, and very big sweatpants; I didn't know that I was going to have company, so my clothes are pretty much shit.

I checked my clock and it read 7 pm. Now I had nothing to do. And so hoping that Gerard was finished with his packing, I took my sketchbook and a few pencils and went to the living room. He wasn't there, I don't think he was finished. So I sat down and drew. I brought my cd player, and so I listened to music.

At first I didn't know what to draw, but after a few minutes my pencil started to trace a small outline. I wasn't aware of what I was drawing until I had the main sketch done, it was a crow, and a jay.. I spent the rest of the hour finishing the drawing, shading and perfecting it. When I finished I looked at it. The jay bird was resting on a branch, while the crow infront of it was flying; it looked as if the crow was inviting the jay to play with him. I was aware that this drawing was about Gerard and I; and soon a blush had found its way to my face.

Then Gerard walked out of his room into the living, in huge sweatshirt and sweatpants. I laughed as we matched clothing wise.

"Hey, I finally done packing. Oh, whatcha drawing?" He said walking towards the couch I was lying on.

"Oh hey, I don't really know I just drew what came to my mind" I say while handing him my sketchbook hesitantly.

He stared at the drawing for a long time. His hazel eyes scanning every part of the page. Oh god, he probably thinks I suck. Holy shit, he's probably weirded out by the fact that I drew us. I started to freak out. I just met him, and now I ruined it, Good job.

"Wow, that's amazing Jay! No wonder you got in! You're so talented!" He said, still staring at my drawing.

I was so relieved, "Thanks Crow, I hope you're not weirded out by the fact that I drew the bird versions of ourselves... I guess I'm pretty stoked about the fact that I have a new friend. I don't really have any friends," I say, rubbing my arm. He hands back my sketch book,

"Hey, don't worry I drew you too. And I don't have any friends either; well except for my brother, Mikey... Anyways whatcha want to do Jade?"

He drew me too? Aw thats sweet, I wonder what it looks like. I look around the room, not sure what to say. What did I want to do? I was too tired to do anything really, and I couldn't care less; as long as I have someone with me.