20-Second Chances Are All We've Been Begging For

Ash opened his front door for me and I walked in with him following behind.

“I was thinking that we could watch a movie or something.” He said as he tossed his keys on the table while walking to the living room. I made sure to take my shoes off before I walked through the house. I sat next to Ash on the couch in front of the TV. I still felt uncomfortable with him. He can't just expect me to fall in love with him again; have things go back to normal.

“So. What movie are we watching since I love movies so much.” He laughed and put his arm around me as he picked up the remote and clicked a few buttons. The movie started playing and when I saw it, I almost screamed.

“It's Batman!” I yelled excitedly and he nodded.

“Yeah. Nice strategy to get you back, huh?” I was hoping that he was joking because, as surprising as it may seem, Batman wasn't going to work.

Throughout the movie, I'd glance over at him and he;s just be staring at me strangely. It creeped me out a few times, but I easily became distracted by Batman again with my ADD and all. When the movie ended, I leaned back on the couch and looked over at Ash again. He was still giving me that odd stare.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” I asked. Then he scooted a little closer to me.

“I was just thinking.” He told me and I scooted away.

“About what?” We both knew what he was talking about, though. Then he scooted even closer to me this time and put his hand on my leg just like he did in the car.

“We have the whole house to ourselves. We're all alone, Andy. We could do anything we want to and we won't get caught.” I nodded nervously.

“Yeah, like watch more movies.” I spoke and stood up. Ash stood up quickly after me and pushed me back onto the couch. He had me lying down on my back and he sat on top of me. My adrenaline was rushing.

“We could do anything we want, Andy.” He seductively whispered into my ear and gently kissed my neck. I had to admit, it didn't feel bad-and if he had tried this a few weeks earlier, I would've given in-but I wasn't going to give up my virginity so easily.

“Get off me, Ash.” I demanded.

“No.” he said while kissing my neck. He was almost irresistible.

“Yes. Get off of me. We're not going to do this. We're not even going to make out or anything. You'll be lucky if you even get a kiss from me.” I told him. He sat up, still on top of me and looked at me, almost pouting.

“I thought you loved me, though.” I just rolled my eyes.

“Since when did being in love mean having sex?” You're not getting that from me, Ash. If that's the only reason why you invited me over, I'm leaving. And get off of me!” I yelled, but he didn't.

“You can't leave. I still have to tell you why I broke up with you. After I tell you you'll understand and things will go back to normal. I want everything to be normal again, Andy.' I chuckled. Normal.

He finally got off of me and sat beside my feet. So I sat up and scooted next to him.

“Explain.” I said and he started speaking.

“John told me that the “lifestyle” I “chose” wasn't the one that the family was going to be involved with or not one that he was going to be involved with, I should say. So he told me to break up with you and not talk to you again to forget about my “old lifestyle” and “start fresh”. I didn't want to do it, but he said if he had to kick me out, I wasn't allowed to talk to Tora or Mom anymore and I wouldn't be allowed to take any of my things or have any help from my family. I couldn't lose everything.” I know it sounds selfish, but I would think that he'd risk everything for me. I'd risk everything for him, but I should've known, I'm so delusional.

I finally stood up again.

“Well, it's nice to understand how, but we're not getting back together any time soon.” He looked shocked and hurt. I just gave him a little nod and headed to the door.

“But you can't just leave me like this.” He said.

“You did.” was all I said, not even turning back around to look at him, and walked out of his house. Maybe he should've thought before pushing me around like he did. I wasn't a toy. He needs to think about how I would feel and how everything would've effected me, too. I'm still very much in love with him and knowing that I can go back to him when I want makes me feel like I need some time away from him.

While I was walking him, I was dumbfounded to see CC and Tora's friend, Rin, holding hands and walking down the sidewalk. I just stopped, with my jaw dropped, staring at them. He was being serious about her? I did think that he'd seriously make some moves on her. What the fuck? They saw me and CC waved then motioned me to come over.

“Hey, Andy!” You remember Rin, right?” I nodded and observed her. She seemed a little awkward near me. Maybe it was because I'm so tall. She was already short to begin with, so I must've been a giant to her.

“Hey guys. How are you doing?”

“We're doin' great!” CC exclaimed.

“But Tora came over and then she stormed off for some reason.” Rin quietly said.

“Really?” I asked and she nodded. “Okay. Well, I've got to go guys.” I told them while waving as I walked off.

“See you at school, Andy!” CC called to me. Now I had to search the town for Tora. I needed to make sure that she was alright. Lucky for me, though, she was only a few blocks away, crying behind a tree in plain sight.

“Hey Tora. What's wrong?” I asked as I sat next to her.

“N-Nothing, Andy. You should j-just leave.” She sniffled.

“Why would I do that?”

“Because you can't be in our lives anymore.” She cried while hugging me tightly. “My dad is such a prick! I hate him so much. I've had to watch Ash cry countless times over you because of him.” what?

“Ash cries over me?” She nodded.

“All the time, He really hated having to tell you that you guys couldn't be together anymore, but he had to make sure that he could still protect me and Mom.” Now I was feeling very guilty and selfish for what I though and said while at their house. I'm stupid.

“It just kills me to see him in so much pain. Not to mention all of his insecurities. And he's getting bullied at school for, not only dating an outcast, but a guy.” I am just learning so much from this girl right now. “You've gotta get back with him, Andy. All he does is ask for you to come back to him. He needs you right now. He's not even talking to me anymore. He's just isolating himself in his room all day long and, whenever I go up to his door, I can hear him crying even though his music is turned up really loud.

“Then dad goes into and tells him that crying's for girls and pussies. I just want Ash to be happy again.” She started crying again so I put her head on my shoulder and let her cry as I wrapped my arms tightly around her. I thought that I was going to cry, too. I didn't know he felt like that. I didn't know how sensitive he was. Apparently I didn't know about any of his problems. He can hide a lot very easily.

“I didn't know that's how he feels about me. He just made it seem like it was easy to him and that he didn't care.” She shook her head.

“If only.” I was genuinely confused I had no idea what to do anymore, but just the thought of Ash crying over me made me shed a tear.

Maybe he really does care, Andy. You've just gotta trust him because he's been honest with you all along. He deserves a second chance, don't you think?