15-Love Isn't Always Fair

I walked to school alone, Dylan was sick so he gladly stayed home, leaving me behind. I felt unusual today. I just felt so happy and like nothing could ruin my day. My mind was obviously playing tricks on me. I knew today was going to be a shitty one. I could just feel it. It was just buried inside me, behind all of the artificial happy shit.

I saw the school ahead of me as I walked along the sidewalk. Each step giving me more fear and anxiety. I was second guessing going to school today. I was all on my own today. Not even Dylan was here. I might die with these hostile people in there. But I guess I'll take the risk. Why? I have no idea. Maybe Ash will think I'm manlier after this. I guess he deserves a manlier Andy after all.

I walked into the school, trying not to get trampled over every god damn person in the place. Then I felt someone poke my back. I've never been more terrified to turn around. I was right to be scared because it was Kitty.

"Oh god, what?" I quickly asked.

"I just wanted to inform you that by the end of the day you'll be known as kind of the faggots." she giggled.

"You better just walk away, Kitty, because I have a few choice words for you and I will punch your pretty little face.” That’s all I got today. She rolled her eyes.

"Go ahead. Dave will just beat the shit out of you like he always does with stupid pussies like you.” I pushed her.

"If you're trying to hurt my feelings you might want to use something else. I’m used to all of your insults so get some new ones, please!" Dave walked over.

"Did you just push my girlfriend?" I turned around and walked the other direction. He terrified me and everyone knew it. So I was just going to walk away from him. I was not in the mood to get beat up right now.

I walked into class, unprepared. I was not going to risk going to my locker with no safety. I felt a pencil hit the back of my head and then heard it drop onto the floor. I rubbed my head and turned around to see a group of kids in the back laughing. “Fag!” they all mouthed and pointed at me. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. I actually listened to the teacher for once just to ignore everyone and forget about them.

*****

I stand in the middle of the lunch room, blankly staring at my table that is located at the other end of the lunchroom. God! Why me? No! This was going to be an awkward experience. I slowly walked to my table, all alone, with just the safety of my lunch tray. All eyes were on me. Every time I passed a table people would whisper and laugh at me. It was a relief  and much better than people yelling and throwing food at me from across the room.

I sat down and looked around the lunchroom. They were all ignoring me now. A good sign, but I made sure to eat quickly and get out of there because I’m still paranoid that someone might hurt me. It’s surely bound to happen by the end of the day. I’m always welcome in the office so I’ll go hang out there, I guess.

*****

I walked into the hall feeling great. Maybe today really was meant to be a good day. Besides this morning, my day was great! No one even talked to me. It was perfect.

Then some random girl stopped in between me and my locker, she was sure to rain on my parade that was almost finished.

“You’re a disgrace to this country. How do your parents love you?” I gave her a puzzled look.

“Um. Okay?” Then some other guy joined in with her.

“Yeah! Why are you here? We don’t need a queer like you in our school. You’re disgusting!” He said. Now everyone in the hall was joining in, of course. Oh! Now I know what she was talking about! She was talking about Ash and I. They’re making sense now.