10-Blackout

“Andy! Come on! We’re gonna be late!” Dylan yelled at me from the living room. I was in my bedroom getting ready, but apparently I was taking a little too long for Dylan’s liking.

“Shut up! I’m almost ready!” I yelled back. Okay, I was stalling. I was very nervous. This was the first party that I’ve ever gone to and I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. I also wanted to make sure that I looked decent, seeing how I would be around lots of good looking people. Even if no one liked me and no one really cared about me, I still felt like I had to look better than normal for a party.

I finally walked out of my bedroom. Not too happy with the results. I was in there for at least an hour doing my make up and trying on different outfits. I really am such a girl. I hate it. Dylan glanced at me as he started walking to the door.

“You look nice, Andy.” he commented. I suddenly had a boost of confidence. Maybe he was right. I smiled at him.

“Why thank you. You don’t look too bad yourself.”

“Thanks. And I didn’t have to spend an hour getting ready.” I walked over to him and punched him in the arm. He’s an idiot. “Can we go now?” he whined with his hand on the door knob, ready to turn it. I nodded.

“Yeah. Let’s go!” I said with artificial confidence. I certainly was not ready at all. I was so terrified of getting beat up just like early today. Which I hadn’t told Dylan about, either. We walked onto the sidewalk. I wasn’t looking where I was going and practically fell into the road from tripping over a crack in the sidewalk. This just happened to be the day that I forget that it’s there. When I fell to my knees I was ready to scream because of the impact. I was still hurting from the incident that happened earlier and almost anything that hit me hurt.

“You okay, Andy?” Dylan asked me as he helped me up. I held my side.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” I painfully spoke.

“Why did that hurt you so much, dude? You only fell to your knees.” I shook my head.

“Doesn’t matter right now. We’re supposed to have a good time tonight, or at least try to, and I don’t want us to worry about any of our problems. I’ll tell you when we get home.” He nodded.

“Okay. But I’m not gonna forget!” He laughed. I laughed with him even though there really wasn’t anything to laugh about.

“How do you know where Lynne lives, anyways?” I asked, suspicious. He put his hands up.

“She told me her address. It’s not like I stalked her or something. I’m not that type of guy. I’m not that creepy.” I laughed.

“Okay. I’ll believe you this time.” He gasped.

“I’m not a stalker, Andy.” he said as he pushed me off the sidewalk. I almost fell again. Where did he push me? In the right side. Hurt like hell and felt just like it did when Dave kicked me. I laughed, trying to hide the pain. I knew that he didn’t mean to hurt me because he didn’t even know what happened to me. He was forgiven this time.

We arrived at Lynne’s house early, I guess, because there were only around seven cars there. But then we knocked on the door and Lynne answered with a red cup in her hand. Probably alcohol. Alcohol already? It’s only, like, 8:30. I peered behind her only to see somewhere around forty kids here. Holy.....How the hell did this many kids get here in eight cars? Maybe they walked like I did. Dylan took my wrist and dragged me into the crowd of people. I wanted to go home now.

*****

I was handed another drink. I was laughing along with everyone else and having a good time. No one had beat me up yet, probably because they were all drunk. I wasn’t afraid anymore. I was happy to be around them, actually. Probably because I was also drunk, or close to it by now. I was laughing with Dylan and holding hands with anyone who would. I’d go up to people and give them kisses on the cheeks. I was just really happy and careless at the time. But people just kept handing me drinks. They were all drunk. We all were. But I think I got a little too much to drink because, before I knew it, I blacked out.