19-A Good Night

Dylan and I were sitting on my bed, arguing about Ash for the tenth time today, when my phone rang. I jumped up and got my phone to see Ash’s number. I gladly answered it and sat back down next to Dylan.

“Hi.” I happily greeted.

“Hi, Andy. Do you want to come over tonight?” I smiled at Dylan, but he had no idea what we were even talking about.

“What? Who is it?” Dylan asked, but I ignored him.

“Why?”

“So that I could explain some stuff to you. Plus Tora’s at Rin’s house and my parents are on vacation so we’ll have the whole house to ourselves.” It was very tempting now.

“Um. I don’t know.” I told him.

“Oh! Come on, Andy! You know that you want to have some alone time with me.” He was right.

“What are you guys talking about?” Dylan asked. I covered my phone with my hand and said, “Ash asked me over to his house tonight and no one else is gonna be home.” He looked furious.

“Don’t say yes, Andy!” I laughed. That only tempted me more and he could tell. “I swear to God, Andy. If you say yes I will beat the shit out of you.” I rolled my eyes and put the phone back up to my ear.

“Sure. I’ll come over tonight. What time?” Dylan could barely contain his anger. He was just waiting until I hung up.

“Great!” Ash happily said. “I’ll pick you up at eight, okay?”

“Okay! Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up and almost forgot about Dylan. He dashed over to me and started punching me.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Andy? I said don’t say yes! There’s a reason why I said that!” He picked me up and threw me onto the floor and I just laughed.

“I’m sorry! I just couldn’t help myself!”

“You’re so fucking stupid!” He yelled and sat at the end of the bed. “It’s hard to protect you when you won’t listen to a thing I say.” I sat back next to him.

“I was bound to give him another chance at some point, Dylan. Better sooner than later.”

“Not better sooner than later! You would’ve gotten over him if you didn’t fall into his trap. He obviously doesn’t love you. You’re just too stupid to realize that right now.” He started to walk out.

“Wait, Dylan! I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but I think you’re wrong this time.”

“I don’t even care anymore. Don’t call me after he ruins you again.” Then he walked out, just like that. I wasn’t really bothered by it, though. It was only a matter of when, not if, he would leave. He was getting fed up with me throughout the whole day.

By the time that Ash pulled in his car in the driveway to pick me up, I was just upset and he noticed.

I quickly opened the door and then jumped into his car, not saying a word.

“Hey. It’s good to see you. What’s wrong?” I shrugged.

“Nothing, I just got into a fight with Dylan today and he’s really upset with me. That’s all.”

“Hope it wasn’t about me.” He joked. I gave him a sarcastic laugh.

“Ha. Yeah.” He took one hand off  the steering wheel and placed it on my leg. I bit my lap and got chills up my spine. I was still convinced that he really loved me. How could he make me feel like this if he wasn’t?

“I love you. Andy.” He told me softly. I didn’t know what to say. Everything that Dylan had said came back to my mind. For the first time I was second guessing out love.

“What’s wrong with me?” I whispered to myself with out realizing it.

“What? Nothing’s wrong with you.” Ash told me.

“Sorry. I was talking to myself. I wasn’t supposed to say that out loud.” 

“Oh.” Was all he said. He didn’t ask what was wrong or anything. I think it’s better that way, anyways.