9-This Confusion Is Taking A Toll On My Mind

I woke up to hear the dreaded noise of the alarm clock. Ash’s arms were wrapped around me and the blankets over us. I thought that last night was a dream. I sat up to see Tora on the floor with a blanket and a pillow. Then I got up and turned off the alarm clock. How the hell do they get up in the morning if the fucking alarm clock can’t wake them up?

I leaned over Ash and shook him.

“Ash. Ash, wake up.” I whispered to him. He groaned. 

“Leave me alone. I’m sleeping.” he mumbled.

“You guys need to go to school.” I told him. He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“Tora. Get your ass up!” He yelled to her. She jumped and got up.

“Oh my gosh! I need to get ready for school!” She said, worried.

“Calm down!” Ash said, annoyed as he looked through his gym bag that the brought with him for clothes.

Tora brought her bag into my bathroom and closed the door.

“How long is she going to be in there?” I asked. He shrugged. 

“A while.” I rolled my eyes.

“Great.” I complained. I wasn’t going to be able to get to school in time with them here. I guess I’ll just skip first period again. “You can get dressed in the other bathroom down the hall, Ash.” I told him. He nodded and walked out.

I opened my door and walked into the kitchen. I looked out of the kitchen window to see only Ash’s car in the driveway. I guess mom and dad had to leave for work early or something. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch just letting my thoughts wander. 

I wonder why he never told me about his stepdad. I can’t believe that Tora had to deal with that jerk alone before her mom met Ash. Unless they’ve been together ever since Tora was born. I wonder why they put up with him. I can’t believe that he didn’t say anything about him. This is all just out of the blue for me and he still needs to explain all of this to me. I’m so confused. What if someone sees Ash’s car and recognizes it. Oh! What am I kidding? Everyone knows what his var looks like because everyone knows him. He goes to all the football games even though he doesn’t play any sports. I’m screwed.

Ash walked out, but Tora was still in my bathroom. I turned around and checked him out.

“Is Tora out here yet?” He asked. I shook my head and he rolled his eyes. “Tora! We’re gonna be late!” He yelled to her.

“I need to finish putting on my makeup so shut up!” She yelled. He laughed.

“Girls.” he muttered as he shook his head and sat next to me. He put his arm around me.

“So are you gonna tell me about last night?” I asked. He shook his head.

“I don’t think right now’s the time to do that. I mean I need to get to school. Why aren’t you dressed?” I glared at him.

“Don’t change the subject. Just tell me.”

“I’ll tell you later, but I should go.” He stood up and called for Tora again. She brought her bag down and headed towards the door.

“Thanks Andy for letting us stay over.” she happily thanked. I nodded.

“No problem. How are you supposed to explain this to people, Ash?” I asked as I got up. He sighed.

“Um....I-I’ll just tell them that you’re Tora’s boyfriend or something and-I don’t know. I’ll think of something, Andy.” He hugged me. “No worries.” he said then he kissed me. “I love you, Andy.” I smiled and we kissed again.