Please Read This Note...

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing okay? This isn't the alternative ending, but I figured I should probably explain a few things.

I know most of you are pretty angry with me for ending things the way I did, but I'm actually, in a sick kind of way, reasonably happy with it. My reasoning for killing Riley is simply because things don't always work out. I've never been a fan of the conveniently happy endings, or the predictable, traditional ones.

I felt that Lucy and David had to sort of win because that's what happens so often in life. The good guy doesn't always win; that's only in movies. For a long time I didn't know I was going to kill her, and then I was writing that chapter and it just felt sort of right. It also seemed a bit rushed, and I'll admit I did just want to get the story done with, but isn't life unpredicatble? Things like death hit at any moment really, and I kind of wanted to portray that in some sense. I don't think I did that right though.

I know so many of you would be happier with a better, more movie-like ending, which I will write at some point, but I just wanted to let you know my reasonings for finishing the story as I did. 

As for Lucy and David not being arrested, that was mostly so I could show Lucy's regret. I'll admit it all was a bit deus ex machina, but I wanted that regret to be shown as real, not as a resultof the punishment of Lucy.

I'm sorry guys if you didn't like it, and I promise I will give you all a happy ending. I just wanted you to know why I chose to kill Riley. Thankyou for all your support throughout both the first book and this one, and I really hope you stick with any future stories I may write(I promise there will be some, hopefully better than this one).

Love you all

Eleanor xxx