Chapter Twenty Something And One that you might all hate me for... sorry

“Morning beautiful,” I blinked, eyes still bleary as they tried to focus on Finn’s handsome face.

“Hey you,” I replied, wincing when my voice came out slightly raspy and dry. I pushed myself up slightly in the chair, groaning as all the aches that came with sleeping in a car kicked in, making my body protest with every slight movement. “Where are we?” I looked around, blinking madly to try and escape the light that invaded my eyes.

“About two minutes from home. How was your nap?”

“What? You should’ve woken me up!” I yelped, ignoring his question, “I’ve been asleep for three hours.”

“It’s fine babe, I needed some time to think anyway, and you looked so peaceful I couldn’t bear to wake you; I know you didn’t get much sleep last night.” He winked playfully, reaching over and squeezing my hand as we pulled into his road.

“Hey Finn,” I suddenly perked up and he jumped, glancing at me in alarm, “Guess what?”

“What baby girl?” He asked, eyes sparking slightly with humour at my immaturity.

“We’re married.” I sighed, grinning as I studied the simple silver wedding band encircling my finger. It felt warm and snug there, as though it were made to fit and had been there forever. “I am Mrs. Riley Evans, and will be for the rest of my life.” He chuckled, turning sharply to pull into our driveway, and leaned over after killing the engine. He pulled me into a tender kiss, sending my heart aflutter and my emotions completely haywire. I felt the blood boil in my lips, sending me into a fury of passion as his lips moved against mine. It was such a chaste kiss to produce such heady emotions that rocked my whole being, but I could feel the emotions flowing through Finn as well and knew I wasn’t alone in this intensity.

“I love the sound of that.” He practically growled against my lips a few seconds later. “I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving it.” I closed my eyes, sighing blissfully as he leant his forehead against mine.

“I know that I’ll never stop loving you.” I breathed, not sure that my words actually formed farther than the movement of my lips, but they were true all the same.

             “Took you guys a while to get home?” Logan was sitting on our doorstep as we pulled up outside, a broad smirk on his face that made me immediately shake my head, dreading the hoard of filthy comments soon to follow.

“Mm, yeah we pulled over for a bit.” Finn answered vaguely, not catching the mischievous glint in the other man’s eye. I slapped a hand to my forehead despairingly.

“Pulled over eh? Was last night just not enough?” He smirked, and I groaned, turning to glare at Finn.

“This is your fault.” I frowned irritably.

“Lies, I did nothing!” He defended innocently; while Logan’s facial expressions brought a blush to my cheeks.

“You encourage him.” I huffed, crossing my arms and turning my head away, making him laugh at my childishness.

“You know Riley, you really need to learn to keep your voice down,” Logan intoned suddenly, making me groan miserably, “I could hear you all night.”

“Screw you Logan.”

“Well if you insist, but Mr Husband over there might object.” He smirked and Finn almost growled.

“By all means, but you’ll only be a disappointment.” He raised an eyebrow and my cheeks flushed even brighter.

“Dammit Finn, remember what I told you about encouraging him?” I slapped his chest, trying to hide the laughter bubbling in my chest at his impish expression.

“I love you Rileykins.” He grinned playfully.

“I can vouch for that; I heard him practically screaming it last night.” Logan chuckled, tacking a scarily accurate impression of some very inappropriate moaning on the end.

“Logan Matthews, if you ever want me to speak to you again, you will shut your mouth this second.” My face was burning. I hate my friends.

“Oh but it’s so much fun.” He teased, poking me in the side. Suddenly there was the sound of a door slamming and Danny stood in front of his house, a stern expression on his face.

“Dammit guys, I know you’re all newly married and all that, but sex in public places is frowned on. We really don’t want to hear your moaning.” He scolded, and I could do nothing but splutter in response as Logan and Finn doubled over laughing. Danny just frowned at us playfully, and I shot him a filthy glare.

“I have the worst friends in the world.”

“Without us life would suck.” Logan wheezed, wiping a tear from the underside of his eye. I was so terribly glad they found my embarrassment amusing.

“Woah, be careful when you use the word ‘suck’ around her, Logan.”

“Are you serious Danny Boy? That wasn’t even vaguely tasteful!” I protested, turning to Finn for support, but he was still too busy laughing. “I’m going to bed…” I groaned, before realising what was about to come. “No comment!” I almost screamed, laughing slightly as I scampered away from the three guys and let myself into our house. I shut the door behind me, shaking my head at how amazingly childish they were. I headed first for the kitchen, desperately in need of a drink after our long journey. As I stepped into the living room I knew something wasn’t right, and as if to prove me correct, everything went black…