Chapter 16 - Early Hours

That dream happened again.  What does it want with me? Oh my god. The arm may represent shade. He lost his arm because of me and he is back in my presence again. Shade seems very caring but is he bluffing.

I don't want to bond with more allies again.

I put the pair of gloves on and looked at the clock right after. 6:46am wasn't very appropriate. Right when I got back under the covers, I witnessed a sudden flash outside my door.

The faint light reflected down the hall the the opposite way I came in. I curiously pressed my cheer on my glass door. As I fogged up the glass my heart heated faster. "Come Jerry wake up. This isn't real."

I opened my door with silent charm, moving like a moth. Booming noises grew louder (perfectly insync). It was like a beast stomped around at night. All the signs pointed to one room. Out of all the rest, this room had regular walls.

The loud noise was like a sharp explosion. Repeating in a loop. I opened the door and was washed in bright white walls that stretched down the long room.

A matured teen had headphone in his uniform. It was the first person I will meet that also has a contract here. The man was a very bold character with dence structure and a stubbled face.

I first recognized a tattoo on the side of his neck. It had a tribal style to it. I saw great determination in his crooked eyes. Completely focused from The gun to a 10 foot target. Each board outlined a human torso.

I then notice bullet holes accurately drilled into every head. A new hole just appeared on the centre of its heart. He must have worked here for a while. I hope I can succeed in these skills.

I couldn't quite approach this person calmly. So I put my hand on his shoulder with an awkward gesture. His head rotated fast. One of his eyebrow's lifted up followed by a question:

"Are you new? I doubt it sorry never mind."

"Actually yes I just got a contract but I know how long it will take."

The teen got confused and removed off the headphones.

"Really? how old are you and why where you hired?"

"I have a gift. I'm sorry if it's not convincing but I am taking operation Small Ben." I dodged telling him im 12, I look 15.

"Wait that mission was originally mine was I turned down for you?! no offense but I have been trained."

"Oh so your my temp."

He puts the pistol on the table and becomes quite sluggish.

"I lead YOU in THAT mission?!"

He looked disappointed.

"Im Jerry. Jerry Blessing it's an honour umm..." I wait to hear him say his name.

"Logan. So you've met shade and Drake."

"Not drake. Who is he? I know Max though."

"Who's Max?" Logan questioned.

"Max is like Shades assistant."

"His name is Drake you know. He could be lieing because he doesn't want you to know his identity. You can't tell him I said this." Logan sat down next to the table and continued.

"Just making sure Jerry, shade said his name was Tristan right."

"Yes."

"Thank god. I would be mad if they had both lied at their real names." Logan looked much more relaxed- after putting his feet on the table.

Logan changed the subject "So your helping me in this mission?"

"Yep, when will we start?"

I responded with an exciting tone.

"After you a fully trained."

"How long will that take?"

"If you need to reach my level we need 6 months."

Several people came into the firing range room. And I looked avoided attention by looking at a clock on the wall. 7:03am. "I'll introduce you Jerry just act respectful." Another friend I suppose. I'm not letting him get in danger.