Chapter 15 - Around the Clock

"Wait what did you do with my stuff?"

"Those weapons are for evidence. The unused ones are in our weaponry room." Max's face went dead serious.

"Fair enough, are we getting straight into this or?.."

"Yes and no. We need you to take some fitness tests and then we can train you. After our tests you can meet the other people that have our contracts. You'll be one of the rest."

"Don't push yourself. How long will it take anyway?"

"Days, weeks, months. Years."

My face drowned to a ravenous state.

"What about my family? You don't expect me to find them that quick in such a long time do you?"

"Time will fly by. But right now you need to change into our uniform." Shade pulled me to a pair of thin, leather gloves. They slipped into my hands smoothly like a...

well. A 'glove'. Next were some black trousers with a plain white t-shirt.

"Each of our agents have a trade mark in their uniform. It just makes them more personal."

"No. im not getting too deep into your customs. I have one ear and thats a trade mark to me."

"Ok. I keep forgetting you're young so i'm sorry." Right as I finish my sentence, I realize that they would both have to die in my horrifying task. They put trust in my hands.

A the sick and twisted emotion. One so surreal. So beautiful. Even I hate to love it. Evil.

"Let's get to our first test."

I didn't reply.

The first room was completed glass. and the floor was small equipment.

Mats covered all around the cream, marble surface. Both of the characters were in suits.

Max and shade. The one difference was the ties. Shade had a blue tie where as max's was in black. *Squeak speak* Max and shade shoe's rumbled the glass walls.

Test one was to run frequently faster, back an forth, against a beeping noise. They used the term 'bleep test'. It was the most exhausting exercise ever. My only motivation was to look down and go forward.

A healthy score would have been level 8-11. Seems I got 9 and it wasn't pleasent when they announced it. "An average result. Not bad Jerry." 

That test measured stamina. Although that was not the problem. All tests were complete agony. It took all day to complete them. Muscular endurance, Average; Agility, above average; Speed, average; Flexibility, Above average; Balance, Poor.

Excellent was the best you could achieve. I felt just as weak at school.

"That was pathetic." I let out a large breath when saying that sentence.

"Don't care. That's why we can train you." Shade tried to cheer me up.

"We'll start in the morning. Right now you will sleep for us." Max explained.

"We have given you provided food on your bed. Come I'll show you." Shade was trying to show me the positive side of this.

Max wants to be more formal unless it's because he despises kids. Was it wierd for the more powerful/ the leader to be the polite gentleman. I would think he cares for what I do. He seems to just care for me instead.

"Here we are."

"Thanks shade. Oh wait can I ask you a question?" Shade looked up from the bed to me.

"Sure what is it?"

"What's your real name? I mean seriously."

"It's umm. Tristan."

I had know time to respond since he vanished out of my room. I was alone on freezing cold sheets. I think it was silk. They gave me thick beef and a cooked potato with water.

The potato had a rubber texture that steamed above the ceiling. The meat was juicy and tough to chew. I washed their warm tap water down my throat. It was uncomfortable to adapt to this so fast.

I don't care. Everything I feel has been buried further and further away from me. I have no true feelings anymore. Meeting others like me could be interesting though.