Chapter 7 - A Bridge

"BANG!" my body stuttered in place and the bullet jumped away from my target. That was the last one left. She turned around joyfully saying "Thank you so much for letting me liv-" Her face was in surprised shock and I reflected back the same feeling.

A hole had been placed on my right ear. I experienced an echoing noise burst around in my head. It was a random shot from a stranger. They pointed a hand gun at me. My hearing went bleak while I fell to the ground.

I think there was more than one. I dunno. With my remaining consciousness I looked for the encountered woman. She had all ready ran away (With that bike too).

"You're by yourself aren't you?" the thin voice was covered by a ringing noise. It hurt too much to move. They put the gun away and had carried me back to the bridge. "well you won't suffer anymore."

"The what was the p-point of shooting me!?"

"It was ment to be a headshot."

I didn't look at him then. Just the Abyss that is mocking me. Just eager to see me fall. I remembered Sam, Sam's brother and the woman with the rifle. These people had feelings that I dared to mess with.

And for what? To find a family that maybe gone forever. The person nudged my lifeless body.

"Do or die kid." It they left me with a message before I died.

So I thought I would pick the do option. Straight as the the person pushed me, I grabbed the sleeve and tugged them over the bridge. It was then we were both holding on the edge with terrifying expressions.

With one hand, he punched my ear and I made impact with the bridge. He or she went for another punch but I grabbed it in an arm lock, swinging under the person.

He/she was holding on to the bridge trying desperately climb up. The person used nothing but their hand

Although, I had no support. Their arm rolled out of place and a clear shout came from the man's voice. He nailed his fingers down hard to the bridge.

Using his arm, I swung up to the bridge and climb to safety. The man looked up at me but ignored his pitiful self. I walked away. Hearing A splash in the river.

All I did was run. Somewhere far away from these mistakes. Holding on to my bleeding ear. Next I started smelling smoke. I was still curious enough to find the source of the dry, crispy smell.

I reached for my map and saw a the forest area. It was labelled Clifford Oak Forrest. It was clear were I was now. I a dense and peaceful forrest. If I find the rocky area that is... I hovered my finger around the map. "Here."

So I searched for a rocky area that would be securing a car park.

"A car. That's what I need." My face had a devilish smile (While smelling burnt wood again).

I discovered razor sharp light cutting through the oak trees. I thought it was beautiful. Finally, I see a couple with a child light a huge camp fire. "Alright Clayton we need to sleep now." The farther stopped increasing the camp fire and obeyed the woman.

The family might have useful items I could take. This is when the family went to bed and I took another opportunity for survival.

"Sleep tight" I whispered in an exiting tone. One step closer to finding my family >:D...