Chapter 2 - No Prisoners

I strangled that knife round the neck. Admiring its clean sharp finish. "Bang!"A larger ball of rock swallowed a corner of a window. I grabbed the rock and swept across the kitchen.

Running through the hall, i realised that all my family could of died: My sister, both of my mums, dog and my baby brother. It froze my track of time. I ended up dropping the knife; I felt broken inside;  Like the fire has burned my hope.

And then I started hearing footsteps. My beloved rules didn't apply in this world. A world of crime. no mud in the living room; no playing in the house; and there was definitely no...

A knee pounded into my rib with a quick fist sprinting towards me. The sharp pain pulled me back into the dangerous situation. I glanced at another fist following a soulless face, mocking my suffering. "Get the hell off me!" I yelled a scream.

Remembering the rock, i jammed it into his skull three times. When it finally locked into his head. "I need that knife!" I took back my only sense of defense.

I sprinted passed my living room until seeing a grown man in the garden. Just when I dragged the knife back to throw it, a younger woman steals my arm to force me to drop the knife.

"Let go kid!" she said tearing my arm like a psychopath. The man ran past me and went for my kitchen.

"I was scared, please dont hurt me!" trying to be sympathetic.

"I saw you about to throw the knife. Dont lie." Puzzled, i risked kicking her leg. The woman couldn't get up. The man ran towards me with a wooden board to help the woman. I launched the knife at man's neck (which hurt my arm painfully). His body fell to the ground and forced the knife deeper down his neck when it hit the floor.

They were only protecting each other- i thought. How could i do that?

"What's wrong with you. you're a little boy?" The woman cried in pain.

"I said I was just a boy and you went to kill me? You don't know what I've been through maim" The women went for her bottle of alcohol so i grabbed the mans wooden board.

I saw her broken leg... and the lighter. she was shaking to the point that i had to stop her from being afraid but she didn't listen as she attempted to ignite her drink.

"Get your foot of my face!" she looked around helplessly.

"Don't you light that bottle then" I replied.

I walked away so she had a fair punishment.

"B***h!" The woman launched the bottle at me. With great speed I swung around. Wrecking the bottle's shards in a rain of glass. We both started dripping with the liquid. Slowly soaking in silence.

Leaping at her, I raged foward luke evil in motion. She lit the lighter and tryed to keep its fragile flame in place. When i made contact from mid-air, we began to burn in fury and I watched her die in our flames. Her bleeding legs burnt to a crisp till there was a nothing but a grave.

My chest started to boil up to my shoulders. I had  no choice but to dump my top down (which revealed fresh blisters). now I was as safe as I could be. Even if my arm is in pain when she pulled it.

Only vulnerable to the red flower growing around the houses. Family. I will unite with you. it's love that keeps me alive.