A heart-to-heart talk with Dimitri Belikov

I snapped back to reality. When I woke up I tried to absorb what happened, I felt so empty that I wanted to destroy all the things that surrounds me. I went to the grocery store and bought every alcoholic liquor that I can find. For the first time after 6 months, I let myself be drunk again. I grabbed all the vases, plates, glass and throw then on the wall until nothing was left.

“Damn it!” I yelled. I grabbed my canvas and was about to destroy it when I heard Dimitri.

“You won’t be happy when you destroy it” he said. I turned the canvas and saw Sydney’s magnificent face. I let it go and slumped on the floor.

“Go away, Belikov” but instead of going out, he kneeled in front of me and help me up to the near sofa.

“Why do our worlds needs to be different?” I blurted out, He sighed.

“That’s how it is. What we need is just a little patience and faith” he advised.

“Patience? Faith?” I scoffed. “Trust me, I did it all” I said.

“Trust me too. Maybe you weren’t doing enough” he countered. I stood up and swayed in the process.

“Not enough?! I’ve done everything for her! I did my best to make her happy! I change for the better for her! And who the hell said that I wasn’t doing enough? Who said that I didn’t sacrifice?” I said waving my hands side by side as if I’m delivering a monologue. I heard him sighed.

“That’s the problem. “He said flatly.

“What’s the problem? Tell me the problem!” I laughed. “I love problems! I solve them, it’s all a piece of cake” I laughed like there’s no tomorrow and then I sobbed. “I hate problems! They make me sick!” I saw him shook his head.

“The problem, Adrian, is that you let your anger get the best of you” he said.

“That’s the problem? Hahaha... Is that really a problem?” I laughed.

“You’re crazy and drunk. I’ll talk to you when you’re sober enough”

“YES!! Maybe that’s why Sydney doesn’t want me anymore! Because I’m crazy! A CRAZY SPOILED BRAT PRINCE! You think I’m like that too right?” I asked curiously, eyebrows raised.

“No, you are NOT crazy. Have some sleep and maybe you’ll feel better afterwards.” He help me on bed and before he went out he left another word of wisdom.

“A word of advice, don’t let anyone stand your way because if you love her, you will do everything no matter what it takes. Remember Adrian; don’t get tired of waiting because I know that she loves you too” I woke up the next morning with a heavy headache. Don’t get tired of waiting; I know she loves you too. Those lines keep repeating in my mind. I decided to paint again and deliver my outputs to Rodney.

“Wow, you’re painting s are different. It’s full of sadness” Rodney commented.

“Is it bad?” I asked.

“It conveys deep heartache and regret but it’s good nevertheless.” He nodded.“I think, those will be bestseller again”

                As expected, I earned $60,000 for the 3 paintings. I have money now but I don’t have Sydney at all. Even if I already earned a million dollars in just 3 months time, I realized that money really isn’t everything. When I’m in court I think of nothing more but my expensive clothes, parties and my exquisite lifestyle. Now, I feel so empty because there is no Sydney.

What do you think??