Revelation before the Strigois attack

Adrian

                I was upset when I can’t be with Sydney in her time of need. I wondered why Lissa agreed to let us stay until this afternoon then I heard that Sydney had been in the clinic yesterday. So like any other lovesick mad guy who loves his girlfriend rather not-so-sure-girlfriend so much, I turned to my bestfriend--- Alcoholic Liquor.

“Adrian!” Rose chastising voice called.

“Stop drinking, Sydney’s coming” Sydney’s coming! My arms and legs seems to have its own mind to hide the drinks and even stumbled from the hurrying in cleaning up. I shot Rose a sharp glance.

“What?” she said raising her brow.

“What are you standing there? Come here and help!” I ordered.

“Excuse me?”

“You’re my friend right? Help me clean up!” I begged.

“Clean that up on your own” she chuckled. I was about to give her my famous I don’t clean line but she cut me off.

“Let your ‘this-hands-don’t do-manual-labor” to the work” she walk out and left me an evil laugh.

                Good thing that I finished before Sydney and the others arrived.

“Hi!” Sydney greeted with a crooked smile. My world seems to brighten with that simple smile.

“H-hi!” I stuttered.

“Have you been drinking?”

“Uhmm... Nooo” I lied. Rose coughed that I sound like “liar”

“Adrian” Sydney said seriously.

“Okay, I drink but not too much. Can we talk now? Please?” I pleaded. She sighed.

“Sure” I looked at Rose and ask for her permission, she nodded.

“Just don’t go far” We went out near a park not far from the apartment.

“So, are you ready to take me back again?” I started. I saw hesitation in her eyes as she said my name.

“Adrian, I think we need to settle our own problems first.”

What? “Does that mean, we can’t be together?”

“No, For now” I was ballistic! How can that sound right?

“But Sydney” I protest

“I know, you don’t want waiting Ad. And-----“

“Sydney! I want you back, I really wanted you back but don’t you think we’ve done enough and we deserve to be happy now?”

“Look Adrian you’re a good man. There are millions of other girls out there desperate for your attention. Try to find them” she suggested but I know deep inside her she doesn’t mean it.

“I don’t want millions of girls. I only wanted one... You...” I heard her sigh. I

“Can’t you understand? There are many circumstances that hinder us to love each other. I’m human and you’re a vampire” she reason out.

“So? I don’t care! We can run away together” That was my master plan to make things work for us and I pretty damn serious about it.

“It wouldn’t change a thing Adrian. We just hide, run then go back making the same mistakes again. I think we need to fix our issues first and if fate permits then we will be together again... Forever” she said, her face was filled with intense emotion.

                Everything in me was shattered all at once so I made the hardest decision in my life. If the master plan failed then I’ll let her go.  I’ll let her go even if it was the hardest thing I’ll do. Slipping off my diamond embedded ring, a royal heirloom, I reach for her hand.

“Then take this.”I said putting the ring on her finger. She was shock.

“I can’t accept this. It’s a sacred jewel. A sign of you royalty.”

“Please accept it it’s a reminder that when you’re ready I’ll be just there in court”

“Adri----“I cut her off.

“It will be a memory of me to you that I will always be here waiting. I’ll give up everything for you even my treasures and royalty. I’ll be waiting even if it takes a lifetime or forever... or even for eternity. I love you Sydney” I heartily said. Maybe that did the trick because for a little while she revealed her true emotion.

“Oh Adrian” she sobbed hugging me tightly. I hug her back so tightly, afraid of letting her go. When all of the sudden a shrieking sound of a stopping van was heard. Followed by 4 armed humans. They hold me and attempt to push me inside the van.

“Adrian!” I saw Sydney throw an uppercut to the man on my other side. Wow! Eddie had a good job in training her.  I struggled to my captors and was successful to break away. We jabbed them and kicked them one after the other back to back.

“Who are you?!” I said

“Dawn’s friend. At your service” Dawn? The strigoi we fought last year! One man managed to hold his gun and pointed it to me but then Sydney jump to the man. That caught me off guard and the other man tackled me on the ground. I slammed my head on the ground and felt dizzy.

“No!” She came to my rescue but she was elbowed by the two guys holding me and one man cracked her head with the butt of the gun. She fell unconsciously on the ground.

“Sydney!” I struggled but apparently not lucky enough to break free again. They succeeded in pushing me towards the van. I saw Sydney’s face, her forehead is bleeding. In my last glimpse of her I saw her mouthed my name.

“Sydney!” I shouted again. And the next thing I knew was the splitting pain in my head and I saw nothing.