Family day!!!!

“There will be a family day this coming Sunday. All students are requested to bring their family members for this special occasion” Ms. Molly, our adviser, announced. I heard Micah sighed.

“Any problem?” Jill asked

“Nothing” he replied staring on his desk.

“Funny..... ‘Family Day’ for us” Eddie commented. That night I called Adrian.

“Sage, sweetheart. How’s your day?” he greeted but tiredness was already visible from voice.

“I’m fine. Hey Adrian, we’ll be having a family day this Sunday. Want to come?” I asked. There was a pregnant pause in the phone and I thought that the line was cut off but then I heard Adrian’s voice.

“Sure, Sonya will come too. Can she? She said she can pretend to be our mother”

“Sure but don’t bring others okay?” I ended.

“haha... Who else would I bring?” he said.

“Fine, bye” I shrugged.

Take care” he said. I smiled and hang up. I slumped on my bed and have a goodnight sleep.

                The small crowd turned out to be not so small. Adrian came bringing Sonya, Dimitri and Rose with him. His face was so smug; apparently, he didn’t want the last two coming.

“I have no choice” he automatically said before I can utter another word. We greeted each other when Molly came.

“Thank you for coming Melrose family. I believe you’re Mrs. Melrose?” Molly said referring to Sonya.

“Yeah” Sonya answered.

“Wow, you look like their sister” she commented.

“Looks can be deceiving, Molly” Ms Terwillinger said. “Hello everyone” again there was an exchange of pleasantries.

“The program will start in a while please make yourselves comfortable” she said.

“Have you seen Micah?” Jill asked.

“Not yet” I replied. The event started and everybody was having fun although Eddie, Angeline, Rose and Dimitri were still active in their duty.

“Where’s the food?” Rose exclaimed that made other people glance on our way.

“Rose, behave” Dimitri said quietly. Rose pout her lips and said, “I’m hungry, comrade” she joked. Dimitri smiled and invited everyone to eat. We settled ourselves in a booth full of freshly baked cakes and doughnuts. For a while everyone was busy exchanging jokes and stories and I just look at them amazingly, Adrian, realizing that I’m not touching my food gestured me his spoon indicating to eat it.

“Seriously, Sage, eat” he said pushing the spoon closer to my lips. I accepted it to free myself from more rascal talks.

“Ehem” Everyone in the table were looking at us fondly and Jill choke out a laugh, teasing us. Under the table, I pinched Adrian’s thighs.

“Aw!!” he exclaimed. Everyone in the tale stared at us again and I shot him a threathening look.

“I’m fine” he announced.

                The games were about to start when we saw Micah coming our way.

“Mic, where’s your parents?” Jill asked.

“My mom’s busy at work” he replied shyly.

“Oh... How about your dad?”

“I don’t know my dad” his voice have a glint of hatred. I saw an indescribable emotion flashed Eddie’s face.

“Sorry” Jill said

“Nothing to worry” Micah’s voice was back to normal again. Molly announced that the game will be tug of war. Adrian huddled over me to ask if I wanted to join.

“No” I said flatly.

“C’mon Sydney” Jill pleaded giving me her puppy look eyes.

“Okay, so who’s on your team?” I asked

“We’re opponents.. You and Adrian. Me and Eddie” Jill said. I look at Adrian and saw him grinning triumphantly.

“That’s unfair!! You have Eddie!” I complained.

“Wow, you’re hurting my feelings, sweetheart. I’m strong too. Wanna know how?” he said dramatically, slowly leaning over me. I pushed him and agreed half- heartedly.