Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Min-ah let out a sigh of relief the moment Oh family’s assistant called her that he won’t be coming to their first meeting because of business matters. Of course she tried to sound upset about it, but no matter how hard she tried, she can’t stop smiling because for the first time in her life she’s free for the night.

“Finally!” She exclaimed. “I can finally kick back and re-“She paused midway because when she threw her phone at her bed, it bounces down to the floor making her eyes wide. She quickly picked it up and placed it at the end table beside the lamp. “So much for excitement.”

Soomeul gotdo chatji mothae naneun piharyeogo aesseo bwado 
Geobujocha hal su eopneun

She groaned in frustration, but stopped as she saw the person who’s calling her. Her face instantly brightened only this time, it’s not a fake one like she does whenever one of her dates got her a present. She immediately pressed the green button.

“Kyungsoo-yah!”

A chuckle was heard. “Yah, Min-ah. What’s with the tone? You’re making my ears hurt!”

She grumbled. “I can’t help it! It’s been long since you last called.”

Mianhe. I’ve been busy lately.”

Min-ah frowned, opening her laptop and stare at the picture of her and a wide-eyed boy smiling with their arms wrapped on each other’s shoulder. “When are you coming home?”

“I don’t know. I guess until my Dad gets betterI hope they can finish making a cure for that sickness.”  There was a long pause. “Anyways, how’s Suho-hyung?”

“He’s okay. Though I doubt it because Dad’s been putting him on a lot of pressure since he’s the next on the line.” She shifted the phone to her other ear. “Just like you.”

He weakly laughed. “Yeah. The only difference is that I got the responsibility earlier ever since Dad got this unknown illness.”

Min-ah stared at the owl-like eyes of the guy at her desktop and weakly smiled. “You know how awkward this is, right?”

What do you mean by awkward?”

“Talking like this like we’re best friends. Like pretending that we didn’t happen.”

There was a long pause before Kyungsoo cleared his throat and spoke up. “I don’t feel like that. Maybe at first, but—“He sighs. ”Are you still on your mourning period?”

“We just broke up last month, Kyungsoo. Of course I’m still at my mourning period.” She sighed. “Then there’s this fact that after Dad found out, he began to set me up with a bunch of guys with a wealthy background.”