Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Minseok looks back and forth at Min-ah, whose eyes were dragging back and forth while reading The Help on the couch, and Luhan, who’s sitting comfortably on the living room end table as he works on his assignment. He narrows his eyes at the both of them before slowly backing away, careful not to make a sound as he makes his exit.

It was a dark and silent night and usually the two would spend it with Luhan chatting happily about his day while Min-ah mindlessly waves her hand even though she’s listening attentively on every word he said. So seeing this kind of scenario really baffles him… a lot.

“Psst, Xiumin.”

The elder jumps a bit, snapping his head to the side with eyes wide as saucers. “A-Ah, Suho.” He takes a quick glance at the two before giving the younger his full attention. “What is it? Do you want me to make you some coffee?”

“Aniyo.” Junmyeon waves in dismissal. He gestures at the two with his mouth. “What’s with them?”

“I know, right?” Minseok shrugs. “Something must have happened.”

Junmyeon raises an eyebrow and looks at them before breaking out a mischievous grin.

~*~

Min-ah tilts her head to the side and flips on the next page, yawning a bit before picking her phone and checks the time. It was already 8:30 in the evening and she was already sleepy. It must be because she used a lot of energy during that time with Chanyeol. She hums, lazily scratching her chin.

She stood up with both arms stretched. “I’m going to bed now, Luhan. Close the lights when you’re finished, arraseo?”

“Ne.” Luhan mumbles as he continues solving math problems on a thin sheet of paper.

Min-ah simply stood there, waiting for the usual enthusiastic good night from the pink haired butler but it didn’t came. She furrows her brows and frowns. What the hell?

Finally noticing, Luhan looks up at her with both eyebrows raised. “I’ll take care of everything, Agassi. You can go.”

Min-ah doesn’t want to admit it, but yeah that kind of stings.

~*~

Lu Han began to act weird, strange around her and it began to worry Min-ah. Of course she doesn’t admit it, but it really is troubling her. Maybe something happened between Kimi and him, she thought. Not wanting to do it, she still found herself sitting arm to arm with Kimi, who she labeled as a rival when it comes to the pink-haired butler’s affections.

“Aniyo. Oppa is really stiff yesterday.” Kimi shrugs. “And no matter how hard I tried to make the awkwardness lessen, it’s still there.” She pursed her lips. “And I thought we’re gonna hit it off so well.”