Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

“Where are we going?”

Min-ah ignores the butler and focuses her attention on the road, fingers gently tapping on the wheel against the beat of the music that’s blaring from the radio. Luhan, finding no way to ask where they’re going without triggering his Agassi’s temper, just shut his mouth and looks out at the trees passing by their way.

For the first time, Luhan notices, the usual awkward tension between them when they’re alone isn’t there. Instead, there was a comfortable silence between them. Min-ah, with her stoic expression, is just driving there while him, sitting beside the driver’s seat, is just there, looking out the window and may have or may have not steal little shy glances at Min-ah.

“Somewhere.” She answered the question an hour later.

It was vague but for Luhan, it was enough. Come to think of it, it’s the first time that they have a decent (slightly?) conversation ever since that night at the park.

~*~

The first thing that hit Luhan is confusion. Because after that 3 hour drive out from the city, he find himself standing in front of the tall building that somewhat looks like a hospital. And like earlier, Min-ah ignored the butler’s questions about what they are doing here and just ventures inside.

With no other choice, Luhan followed.

~*~

Luhan expected that Min-ah was just going in some kind of charity for the sick people, but what he didn’t expect is to stand there dumbly in front of the room, staring at his best friend who’s lying there in the hospital bed, smiling at him.

“J-Jongdae?”

Said guy tilts his head and waves casually. “Hey.”

“Oh my god.”

Luhan ran towards his friend and made a move to engulf the younger male in a tight hug, only to stop midway when he saw a bunch of tubes connecting his friend’s body. Instead, he grabs the guy’s head and presses it against his chest tightly as tears began to flow down his cheeks. “I missed you.”

“So dramatic.” Jongdae complains but smiles anyway. “Yeah. I miss you too, buddy.”

“Han?”

Upon hearing that, the pink-haired butler snapped his head towards the direction of the voice, his lips curling into a sad pout before laughing gratefully, eyes slightly red from trying to hold back the tears (but they fall anyway) “Umma!”

“Ah, Lu Han!” Mrs. Kim wraps him in a tight hug. “You’re here.”

Luhan sniffles. “Yeah.” He pulls away from the hug, looking around. “Where are the kids?” And as if by cue, Jongdae’s brothers came rushing over to engulf their Lu-hyung in a tight hug; the other one even climbing atop Luhan’s back.