Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

“And again, Mr Oh Sehun can’t make it due to an emergency meeting. He wanted to tell you this personally but he’s already running late for it.” His personal assistant said through the phone.

“Ah, I see.” Min-ah sighed, not in dismay but in relief. And even though her voice is sad, her actions speaks otherwise. “How about we schedule the dinner when he’s free?”

“Alright, Ms Kim. I’ll tell Mr Oh about it.”

“Thank you for your hard work.” Min-ah smiled. “And please, tell him not to overwork himself.”

After a response of affirmation, the call ended.  The signs of exhaustion and fatigue that was clear on her face was replaced with joy and contentment. Finally, she can have another night to herself. Maybe after working on her assignment, she’ll have an Adventure Time marathon. And maybe she’ll have her Xiumin-oppa to make her that latte that would always make her moan in delight because of its rich aroma and flavour.

Yes, Min-ah has the whole night to herself.

Luhan, however, stares at his Agassi in wonder. Is this what Suho is talking about? Millions of unanswered questions plagued the butler’s mind at the moment, but when Min-ah flashed her a quick smile, the questions melted down like ice.

Upon returning home at exactly 8:14 in the evening, the pink-haired butler quickly opened the door for his Agassi with a cheery smile. He thought that maybe that incident on the rooftop was just her way of releasing her pent up frustration to her brother. It’s okay, though. No matter how angry his Agassi was, he’s ready to receive it, even if he’s not the reason for her anger.

In other words, Luhan is willing to be a human stress ball.

~*~

“Kyungsoo!”

The said boy snapped his head towards the direction of the voice, a bright smile slowly twitching at the corner of his heart-shaped lips. The girl waved at him from a distance, jumping like the energetic girl she is. When he gestured for her to come, she ran towards him, tripping a bit on the same rock that he tripped in earlier making him laugh.

“Come and give me a hug, Min-ah.” He grinned, opening his arms wide the moment she was right in front of him. Instead of welcoming his arms, she waved him away as she shook her head in disapproval.

“I’m sweaty.” She panted, pulling out a handkerchief from her pocket and started to wipe her forehead. “Plus, I’m sticky so no. You might end up getting glued to me for the rest of the day.”

Kyungsoo hugged her anyways, smelling the thick aroma of watermelon on her hair. “I don’t mind as long as it’s you.” He murmured against her hair, smiling a bit. And after hearing those words, Min-ah visibly relaxed, letting the boy hug him.