Chapter Nine

A/N: A picture of Kendra, Trinity's foster mother.

___________________________________________________

Trinity O'Brian:

I laid on my back on the balcony, basking in the sun with Hunter asleep on my stomach. I still couldn't stop thinking about the night before. I talk to the very intense Alpha of the werewolf pack. I'm part of a pack now. How freakin' cool is that?!

"Trin?" I heard Bailey's voice call from in my room.

"Out here." I called.

Bailey appeard around the glass doors. She was wearing bage jeans and a light pink t-shirt that hugged her frame. As I watched her, she yanked her blonde hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. I motioned her to sit down in the white whicker chair that I placed out next to a small green plastic table a few feet from where I was laying. She sat and absently bit the inside of her cheek. She always did that when she was worried.

"What's wrong, Lee Lee?" I asked looking up at her.

"Well," She sighed, tworeling her fingers in her hair nervesly. "School starts Monday. And-And I've never been to a new school! I don't have any friends. I've never been to high school!" She hung her head and stared at her lap. "What if nobody likes me?" Her voice was soft and she sounded on the brink of tears.

"Oh, Lee." I sighed. Shifting Hunter to my hands, and laying him down in his box bed. I looked at the stricken Bailey then sqeezed next to her in the chair, I wiggled my hips making room. "Your going to do great, Lee. It's only a new school. I know it's going to be hard but I bet you'll make friends quickly." She shifted looking up at me.

"Really?"

I smiled down at her. "Really, Really. Your beautiful, smart and funny. One of the kindest people I know. You will make friends, and I bet you'll love it here." I wrapped my arms around her waist in a tight hug.

She wiggled out of the chair with a smile and leand against the railing. "I'm going to be in high school. I'm going to be going to school with you!" she held a look that shifted between delight and awe.

"Yeah, high school." I rolled my eyes. It screams how small this town is when the high school is grades seven through twelveth. Bailey made a high pitch sqeeking noise and bounced around the balcony. Her shrill squeeks grated on my ears.

"Bailey!" I snapped, rubbing my ears and glaring at her. She instently went quiet but still she jumped around in glee.

"I'm so excited!" She exclaimed breathlessly.

"I can see that." I grumbled at her with the ringing still in my ears. Even in human form my hearing is about three times better than an average human.

"I'm going to go talk to mom!" She exclaimed over her shoulder already running through the open doors.

Just before I was about to lay back down and bask in the sun my phone vibrated. I slid my phone off of the little table, and tapped at the screan. It showed I had a text, from Ryanna.

'Hey what's up?'

I smiled.

'Not a whole lot. bein' bored, watchin' hunter. u?'

I waited a few minutes and got an answering vibrate.

'Want to come over and hang out? I'm alone and bored.'

'Sure! be over in a few.'

'k'

I gathered up hunter and his supplize, and went down stairs. Dad was sitting at the kitchen table, talking to mom who was making sandwiches. "Can I use the car?" I asked when they went quiet as I entered the room. Had they been talking about me? Most likely.