Chapter 16

The officer looked at me. Actually, no. He GLARED at me. "I sure as hell did not lie miss." He tried to compete against my voice, abasing me. I scowled. "Liar. I saw my sister just now. She has never seen a officer since her little escape." I said matter of factly. "I was the first other person for her to run into. She's staying at Ivy's." I added. He looked at my mom. She only had her jaw dropped. "You must not be telling the truth. Be honest, stop trying to hurt other people, because your in pain." He stated. I gasped, and I looked at my moms face. I couldn't read her expression. Was she believing me or the officer? "Mom?" I tried to get her attention. She only walked back into the kitchen. The officer looked back at me. "Listen, I really did find your sister. To bad you don't believe me." He said, and without further hesitation he followed my mom. I walked up to my room, disappointed that my mom didn't have complete faith in me. It's not like I can proove it to her. Not anymore I can't. I didn't understand anything. My sister was supposed to be in jail like the officer said she was. Either she has a twin not one person knew about, or the officer is lying. Or Annabelle was. I rubbed my forehead and sighed, plopping down on my bed. I reached over the side of my bed and plucked my laptop off the ground, taking the charger out. I opened the monitor, and rubbed the mouse pad to wake it up. It light up on my Skype page. I went directly to my contacts, and looked in the D's section. I found adorrians name and called him. My answer was immediate. His face appeared in my screen. I smiled. Well I tried to smile. "Why the gloom face?" He asked me sounding worried. I didn't say anything for a long moment. He waited patiently. "They didn't really find her. He lied." I told him, close to tears. "I saw her at the store. She's run from us all." I sobbed out. Dorrian played with his lip. "Maybe she escaped?" He finally said. I know he was only saying that to try to comfort me. He failed, we both knew that was impossible. I almost laughed at his pathetic attempt. "Sure." I confirmed falsely. He laughed. "Oh we'll. You know I wish I could come over right? Maybe I can?" He asked me. I thought about it for a moment. "Alright, sure." I replied. He smiled, and so did I. "Okay. I'll be there in about. l5 minutes." He hung up. I closed my Skype and went to my Facebook. A new post was made. It was from my sister. I gasped for the second time that night. "I know no one will find me. Me and Ivy are well hidden. There isn't any way. So, I'm having a wonderful time away from home to be honest. So much freedom! The people I have met are amazing. I'm surprised I'm not caught yet. LOL." I almost cried. I was so close to her yet do far. I felt completely hopeless. She was probably using her phone for that, I noticed. I felt my eyes widen. I jumped off my bed, leaving my laptop there. I ran downstairs, and saw my mom on the couch, watching tv. I ran I the living room, practically screaming of joy. "ado you beleive me or the officer mom?" I blurred. She looked back at me and frowned. "Well,i don't really know. Neither of you have proof. He said we could see her and then made a excuse saying she would be to busy then you came through the door telling me he was a liar and that you found her." She said shaking her head. I sat down next to her. "Please listen to me." I asked for her attention the only way I knew how. "I know exactly how I can show you." I told her. She looked bored. "How so?" She demanded harshly. I groaned. "She posted something in Facebook from her phone!" I exclaimed. My mom laughed. "So? That just shows us she's fine. Nothing more." She remarked. I laughed in my turn. "She's obviously not in jail! They take your pockets clean. And, we can now track her number and find her!" I felt smart. My mom's eyes expanded like mine had. "Oh my gosh.." she muttered under her breath. I smiled proud. Dorrian knocked on the door. "Get the phone I'm calling the cop."My mom ordered me. I smiled wider. "Finally."