Chapter 6

I entered my house that night with a smile on my face a mile wide. Who wouldn't? Me and Dorrian had a great night, un-forgettable. He did what he could for me to get over my dad, and i loved him for trying so hard, but at the same time helping with the situation carefully. Dorrian cared, he really did. And he tried to make me realize that the best he could. 

I walked into the kitchen to see Annabelle standing there, looking rather annoyed, and pissed. "Cassi." She sad, still looking angry to the point of murder. I felt panic over sweep me, and realized something was up. "Why do you look so pissed off, Anna?" I asked her before i could shut myself up. She seemed surprised that i asked. I was just as surprised as her. "What?" She prompt me to repeat it. But, she really didn't hear me, i decided. I was whispering so i didn't wake my mother up from upstairs. "I saaaid, why the hell do you look so upset?" I repeated. She grimaced, all the while looking angry. "Listen, i'm the one who should be asking YOU about this night out, without you telling anyone where the hell you had gone! Mom and I were both worried sick. We arrived from our run, and went searching for you. We even called your cell a acouple of times. Mom was about to call the cops to go looking for you, in fear you ran away or someone took you. Your lucky I convinced her she was over-reacting. But she really wasn't! You scared the shit out of me, and your absolutely grounded by tomorrow morning, garuanted. So, you might want to scurry your SORE ASS, upstairs, and jump into bed before mom stomps down here, in a upset, and scared mood. She might think we just got robbed with all the racket down here. So, go." She had blurted this all out, but it made sense. I knew i should've left a note, or something to tell them. Even calling them would've worked. I felt damn bad. "Sorry," I mumbled before jogging upstairs. Without changing, i scurried into bed like my sister told me to. 

I heard their whisper's downstairs. I should have woken up, and stopped them. God knows robbers like to take whatever they can in the time they have. Mother and Annabelle were probably sound asleep, not hearing a single noise. My neck was sore when i got out of bed, and slid down the stairs to catch the thefts. Only, when I ended up at the end of the staircase, I heard two female voices, that sounded awfully familiar. I felt the blood rush to my legs, making them numb. I couldn't decide wether i should keep looking for the robbers, or go get my mom to help me. After all, she was a great fighter. She used to take down my dad all the time in joke-fights. Maybe he let her win, thought. I decided not to take a chance, and continue on my own. What other way to shouw independance? As soon as i was heard entering the kitchen, thought, they scrammed. but don't think i didn't catch them. I very well did. "Hey!" I shrieked, just as they opened the back door to the backyard. They both turned around, and i saw something on one of the female's head. It was something that was familiar. Something someone i knew wore when they went to bed. A face mask, so she could rest and relax. 

"Annabelle! Go!" Her friend's voice screamed from beside her. Annabelle and her friend ran to the forest in the back, but dropped a bag on their way. I picked it up, obviously curious. I sniffed. I knew the scent was familiar. Annabelle had been hiding a bag of cocaine.