This Means War

Chapter Ten: This Means War

Arabella's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey kiddo!" my dad said cheerfully.

"Daddy!!" I shouted.

I hadn't seen him all weekend and I had missed him terribly. He looked really tired as he walked downstairs. He must have came home late last night because I didn't hear him come in.

"Are you going to work today?" I asked walking up to him.

"I'm afraid not sweetie. I don't feel good and I think I'll take the day off. Want me to drive you to school?" He asked hopefully.

He loved doing little things like that with me but I was already running late as it was.

"I'm sorry dad but I'm gonna be late. How about when I get home we watch a movie?" I smiled.

He nodded and handed me my keys. I grabbed my binder and walked out the front door. My phone rang as I got into my jeep.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Arabella, my car is in the shop can you pick me up for school?" Kayla asked.

"Be there in 5." I hung up and drove to Kayla's house.

Kayla got into the car and smiled.

"Thanks Arabella." She smiled sincerely.

I smiled in response and started driving to school. I told Kayla about my weekend with Dylan and she was really excited. 

"So what about you and Scott?" I asked changing the subject.

"What do you mean?" Kayla blushed.

I smirked and shook my head.

"Eventually you're going to have to tell me Kayla." I sighed.

She got even redder and looked away. She was always so shy about things like that. I had no idea why though. She was gorgeous. She had beautiful green eyes and long dirty blond hair and a spunky personality. She was amazing and smart, she could get any guy she wanted but she never tried. We walked into the school hallway and I automatically felt glares come from the cheer squad. The soccer team and the cheer squad use to never get along but we made a truce years ago to put our differences behind us and be friends. We had formed amazing friendships but for some reason they weren't happy to see me today. I was walking to my locker with Kayla when Lisa nudged me with her shoulder making all my papers fall. The cheer squad giggled as I picked the papers up with Kayla helping me. 

"So much for our truce." Kayla muttered under her breath.

"Forget about it." I sighed and smiled when my soccer team walked up to me.

They looked frustrated and angry.

"What's wrong girls?" I asked concerned.

"Soccer field ASAP." Lily said urgently.

I nodded and Kayla and I followed them outside to the field. They sat on the bleachers and I stood in front of them.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Cheerleaders are being bitches." Lily yelled.

"We saw her make you drop your papers!" Trisha shouted.

"We had a truce Arabella!" Courtney screamed.

"Guys!!!" I yelled.

They all shut up and looked at me for guidance. 

"I know. Something is going on and I'm going to figure out what. There is no reason for them to act like this unless you guys broke the truce?" I asked suspiciously.