Moving On

6 Months Later.......

Kiaa POV

Hey world. I know it's been a while but a lot of stuff has been going on in my personal life...

I can't believe I'm about to tell y'all this.

Ben and I got a divorce.....

I grew tired of his arrogance and bullshit so I had enough, packed me and Rae's stuff, and moved out of the house. I sent the papers the next day and within 2 months, our divorce was finalized. We share joint custody of Rae and I wish him nothing but the best. Im still in touch with Candace and Gina. I moved on and let's just say, things are going steady.

"Kiaa, I'm about to cook Italian for dinner tonight. Can you please make sure Rae is dressed before your friends get here?" said Sterling.

"Alright, Mr. Kiaa."

Sterling is the new man in my life. He's a wide receiver for the New York Giants. Tiara sent me and Rae tickets to go see Giants VS Redskins. Little did I know, she got us close to the field. Sterling was staring at me whenever the Redskins had the ball. We met after the game and voila. Here we are.

"It's Mr. Shepard to you."

"Whatever you say, Sterling."

He scoffed and walked out. I rolled my eyes and headed straight to Rae's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come innnnnnnn." said Rae.

"Get dressed. You know Auntie Kam, Auntie Tahj, Auntie La, Gina, Timothé, and Candace are coming over for dinner...."

"I will soon. Lemme finish playing with my dolls, mommy."

"Okay, Rae. But when I come back to check on you, you better be dressed."

"I will be, mommy."

"Alright. I'll take your word."

I got up and left to go get dress. I checked to see what Sterling was doing in the kitchen. He was buttering the bread and sprinkling it with garlic, cheese, and Italian seasoning.

"He think he a chef on Food Network." I mumbled as I enter my room.

"I heard that!" he shouted.

As I'm getting dressed, the doorbell rings and Sterling goes to open it. In cane Kam, La, Tahj, Gina, Timothé, and Candace. I can hear La and Tahj arguing about something.

"He don't even claim her ass, Tahj! Meaning they're not together, so once again, Devin will be mine!" said La.

"Whatever you say, La! Just don't give him the succ too early now!"

"They been arguing like this?" asked Sterling.

"The whole ride." said Timothé as he was rubbing his head.

"You want some Advil?

"I'm good. Just need to sit down."

I put on my red velvet dress & matching heels before leaving the room to check if Rae was dressed. Rae ran out of her room, with fresh clothes on, and down the stairs.

"Rae-Rae!" yelled Tahj as Rae into her arms to hug her.

"God damn, Tahj."said Kam as she rubbed her ears.

"Let her be." said La.

"Meanwhile, Kiara over here Looking like a snack." said Gina.